Newbie trying to ramp up quickly

Hi,

I'm trying to ramp up quickly in MQL4 and I had some help from the members of the forum.

1. Can I only test my EAs and indicators during trading hours? If not, how do I test them?

2. Does anyone have the code for a really good MACD indicator with histogram? I found one but it didn't print out that it was a MACD(12,26,9) on the chart and the bars were kind of skinny.

3. Does anyone have the code for an RSI indicator and some instructions on what I'm looking for with this indicator?

4. Is it possible to have MQL4 interact with a database? (MS SQL Server or MS Access)

Thanks,

Ed

1 yes, you can if you have history data on your disk. if not, MT will auto download data from server if you online.

2 3 MT self has these indicators.

4 yes, need some to program it for you, use C++ DLL and MQL

yarns90401:
Hi,

I'm trying to ramp up quickly in MQL4 and I had some help from the members of the forum.

1. Can I only test my EAs and indicators during trading hours? If not, how do I test them?

2. Does anyone have the code for a really good MACD indicator with histogram? I found one but it didn't print out that it was a MACD(12,26,9) on the chart and the bars were kind of skinny.

3. Does anyone have the code for an RSI indicator and some instructions on what I'm looking for with this indicator?

4. Is it possible to have MQL4 interact with a database? (MS SQL Server or MS Access)

Thanks,

Ed

Hi - did you ever find a database solution?I am trying to do the same thing.

Thanks

wadem000:
yarns90401:
Hi,

Thanks,

Ed

Hi - did you ever find a database solution?I am trying to do the same thing.

Thanks

No, unfortunately I didn't so I gave up. You can read from and write to a text file. This can be imported into or export from a database app.

Y