Running MT4 on an Apple/Macintosh

Will MetaTrader 4 run on an Apple or Macintosh computer?

harooki2:
Yes! See my post with step-by-step details at http://www.forexfactory.com/showpost.php?p=1453321&postcount=7 Even MetaEditor works! (I'm using it daily on Mac.)

There are some minor issues and workarounds. For example, to adjust text input and true/false parameter inputs for custom indicators you need to first select F2 in order to make those fields editable. Unforunately, the F2 workaround does NOT work on color and line width/style parameter inputs. So, those can only be edited in your custom indicators right within the code in ME. However, this issue DOESN'T affect the built-in MT4 indicators. I don't know why and have inquired as to whether there's a special Windows DLL which is called for these param input types just in custom indicators. No response yet.

I intend to document said issues/workarounds more thoroughly in an effort to inspire a fix from someone, somewhere, someday.

Discovering this just the other day REALLY made my day as I can now use my favorite trading platform on my favorite computer platform.

billworld:
harooki2:
Yes! See my post with step-by-step details at http://www.forexfactory.com/showpost.php?p=1453321&postcount=7 Even MetaEditor works! (I'm using it daily on Mac.)

There are some minor issues and workarounds. For example, to adjust text input and true/false parameter inputs for custom indicators you need to first select F2 in order to make those fields editable. Unforunately, the F2 workaround does NOT work on color and line width/style parameter inputs. So, those can only be edited in your custom indicators right within the code in ME. However, this issue DOESN'T affect the built-in MT4 indicators. I don't know why and have inquired as to whether there's a special Windows DLL which is called for these param input types just in custom indicators. No response yet.

I intend to document said issues/workarounds more thoroughly in an effort to inspire a fix from someone, somewhere, someday.

Discovering this just the other day REALLY made my day as I can now use my favorite trading platform on my favorite computer platform.

Thank you so much for this feedback.  I'm fed up with Windows and its problems.   I just want to make sure I can make the transition.
Reason: