Multi Dymension array..how to - page 2

you can't get multidimensional array with 2 data types, if array is double, then all dimensions will be of type double.

Craig:
ArraySort sorts an array of any dimension by the the first dimension.

So if I have data in the dimension [2] that I want to sort, I have to move it to [1]. Then sort it...

Ok...

Yep.
As for the different datatype thing, I assume datetimes are ints, so you could store one in an array of doubles.

This highlights one of mqls biggest problems, no composite data structures (therefore no lists, etc).
I am currently writting EA's which make extensive use of arrays & debugging them is an exercise in frustration.
I don't understand why instead of recreating C, Metaquotes just don't offer a . NET or COM API so we can use a language of choice and the associated debugger.

Craig:
Yep.
As for the different datatype thing, I assume datetimes are ints, so you could store one in an array of doubles.

This highlights one of mqls biggest problems, no composite data structures (therefore no lists, etc).
I am currently writting EA's which make extensive use of arrays & debugging them is an exercise in frustration.
I don't understand why instead of recreating C, Metaquotes just don't offer a . NET or COM API so we can use a language of choice and the associated debugger.

Good Idea dude...MT4 language is soo close to C and C# anyways !

Any chance you looking at my other request on moving average code ???

Thanks heaps : 'Moving average code (not predefind data)..'
Reason: