Requests to Metaquotes

Hi, firstly congratulation to a powerful trading platform.

I would like to suggest a few improvements, and request.

1. User interface - I suggest changing docking windows/tabs to Navigation Pane. Like MS Outlook, more space, easier access and more controls can be displayed. MS outlook spends millions isn't just for nothing. Steal it.

2. Rapid button - I suggest bring the New Order/Modify order to the open. Single click and its a buy/sell/modify.

3. Order comment and order lots - The capability to change comments and lots, order lots when sent cannot be modified thus resulting in 1 more order not to mention cancelling the 1st.
Magic Number may be helpful but it doesn't have the capability to keep extra info, for complex strategy, some infomation storage/retrieval must be created, array is ok but volatile across application usage, files based have longer access time, unsynchronised and needs constant updating/refresh the best solution IMHO is OrderComment, however it needs more characters and made rewriteable.

4. T is for Trailing Stop - Please introduce this, single T trail another T stop trail (specific order).

5. Event driven model - This would be nice, for futher processing or post trades.

I hope these things could be introduced even some of it may have difficulties in the implementation. Thank you in advance.

afifio

If you want instant trades you can write scripts and assign them to hotkeys.

Also global variables could be used to hold some data between ticks.

Updateable comment, magic number is not a bad idea, moreover it has nothing to do with the trade.

Writing to files may not be as slow as you think, since they are not flushed to disk every time plus unless you write mammoth amounts of data it is probably no problem at all.

Generally a lot could be done by writing various DLLs that interface with MT and windows core functions without the need to change MQL.

But it seems nobody had came up with anything viable so far or they just keep to themselves.

Maybe Metaquotes need to write a few extensions in DLLs and publish them so people could use and play around with them.
So to speak get a better taste for the power of the platform.

Just my 2 pips.

irusoh1

Thanks for answering, Grid trading usually require some kind of automated help. With mql that could easily done, but to keep track of the grid/orders ?

If you want instant trades you can write scripts and assign them to hotkeys.
If you have 200 orders and you want to start trail only 75, 75 right click and select trail ?. I tried that, can do it, now, sometime later you want 30 trail to stop and let only 45 to continue. Not to mention other possible trailing scenario, a hotkey to trail a single order is a must.

Also global variables could be used to hold some data between ticks.
This is not about between ticks, it about between PC reboot, MT4 restart, PC blackout, etc..... across a few MT4 application run (actually I write these, longer version , but lost before posted).

Generally a lot could be done by writing various DLLs that interface with MT and windows core functions without the need to change MQL.
I agree, it seems the only person who write dll and distribute it is only codersguru, others are traders not programmers.

Maybe Metaquotes need to write a few extensions in DLLs and publish them so people could use and play around with them.
Yes I agree, but remember, most user are trader, not programmer.
Metaquotes - I would like view how to create a personal interface and trade from the interface.

However I would like to view New Order window as modeless + always on top window better. Yes, sounds like a scalping tool but I think its helpful for more trades (you can promote it as "single click trade" *_*), and yes I know right click on chart will do but that is 2 click.

Writing to files may not be as slow as you think, since they are not flushed to disk every time plus unless you write mammoth amounts of data it is probably no problem at all.
Why need to write to file when you can do processing and write to the comment (if it rewritable). Files mostly usable for log and the post trade history.

Another 2 cent (less than 2 pip)
afifio

I agree, it seems the only person who write dll and distribute it is only codersguru, others are traders not programmers.

Yes I agree, but remember, most user are trader, not programmer.
Metaquotes - I would like view how to create a personal interface and trade from the interface.

However I would like to view New Order window as modeless + always on top window better. Yes, sounds like a scalping tool but I think its helpful for more trades (you can promote it as "single click trade" *_*), and yes I know right click on chart will do but that is 2 click.

If metaquotes would give some more examples, then maybe more people would develop useful DLLs for MQL.

BW
Reason: