How do you go about customizing an indicator?

Can anybaody tell me if it's possible to alter indicators from MetaTrader?

thanks

You can customize those listed in "Custom indicators" in the navigator window.

irusoh1 wrote:
You can customize those listed in "Custom indicators" in the navigator window.
Would you be able to tell me if I can change the "average directional movement" indicator
within MetaTrader, to display as a histogram chart not just lines?

Thankyou

I think ADX is built-in indicator in mql.
You can write any indicator you want from scratch. It is easy to find definition of adx on the internet and then code your own adx indicator the way you want it. Another way could be to create your own indicator with histograms and then extract iADX values and map them into your indicator buffers.

ExtMapBuffer1[i]=iADX(.....,i); // this buffer is a histogram

Take custom indicator ADX 'Average Directional Movement Index, ADX' and insert line in the init function

SetIndexStyle(0,DRAW_HISTOGRAM);

stringo wrote:
Take custom indicator ADX 'Average Directional Movement Index, ADX' and insert line in the init function

SetIndexStyle(0,DRAW_HISTOGRAM);

thank you very much for your replies. However, my computer knowledge is very limited. Can you give me a step by step procedure
or can I pay someone to do it for me?

As I understand it I insert the SetIndexStyle(0,DRAW_HISTOGRAM); code into the ADX code via MetaEditor. Do I insert it after the words
"setindexstyle"?

Then what do I do to actually view the indicator in MetaTrader?

I need to display the "average directional movement indicator" as a histogram and in the following way:

Periods 14Apply to closeHorizontal line = 0 “DI” is the only one made visible to form the histogram, I have as green for up and red for down DI-, D1+ & ADX are all set to invisible Does this make sense?Thanks again for your help
Neal.
Reason: