2 accounts, 1 expert, 2 difrent results

A friend of mine was running his standard account at my house last night. We both had the same expert running with the same identical settings. However, my expert made several trades but his did not. My account is a mini account. Has anyone noticed this before? If so, was there any resolution?

I noticed it also... I THINK the possible answer is:
1. their ask/bid is off a little from each other.
2. their pips come in a little differently timewise
3. length of time between pips and trade functions

I have seen a lag of up to 3 pips ask/bid between platforms. and some run as far as 2 pips behind/ahead of the other constantly..
I shouldn't say platforms, I should say dealers.
also, but not likely is that yours is a mini and his is not.. I think when they change the version of the platform, the demo people get it first to try before they put it live.. this MIGHT have a bearing on this case.
(ie the newer version may perhaps run faster, calculate better, or something)
I think the resolution is to tweak your ea on the platform and dealer you will be using.
One more thing. of course you both were using the same symbol and timeframe right?
(I am running three metatraders on two machines and another manual trading platform on another)

As a matter of fact, we were both using the same everthing because we both loaded the same expert as well as the same template.

oldman wrote:

I have seen a lag of up to 3 pips ask/bid between platforms. and some run as far as 2 pips behind/ahead of the other constantly..
also, but not likely is that yours is a mini and his is not.. I think when they change the version of the platform, the demo people get it first to try before they put it live.. this MIGHT have a bearing on this case.
I think the resolution is to tweak your ea on the platform and dealer you will be using.
One more thing. of course you both were using the same symbol and timeframe right?
(I am running three metatraders on two machines and another manual trading platform on another)

Does the messaging wait for an ack? Or does it send a message and forgets about it?
CoolBreeze wrote:

As a matter of fact, we were both using the same everthing because we both loaded the same expert as well as the same template.

oldman wrote:

oldman:

Also do you know what happens if for some reason the platform looses connection to the server then re-connects. Does the expert loose the ability to manage those trades.

I can go one better than this, I have the same EA which gets totally different numbers depending on when I run the backtest & there
are no time dependant factors in the EA code. One can only assume that the 'live' spread is being used for backtesting, can anybody confirm this?
Obvously this has a huge impact on when backtesting & optimization can occur.

CoolBreeze said: Also do you know what happens if for some reason the platform looses connection to the server then re-connects. Does the expert loose the ability to manage those trades.

when the connection reassumes (you may have to log back in), the ea and everything should be back on track.. however, should something happen during the absence, like crossing a line or something, you may have lost that, because when the ea comes back up, the line has been crossed and it did not notice it.

oh,also, did you say you had the same ea's running on the same computer?? as far as I can see that is a nono... they seem to share the same sandbox and if the first ea makes a trade, and the second one is a tad late (one has to be first), then it may not make a trade because of some programming variable prevents a trade now)

when I am running two ea's on the same machine, I make sure that each have their own variable names and do not conflict

like opentrades becomes ea1opentrades and ea2opentrades etc.

that way they will not read the others variables and act on them

sometimes I have an ea active on a chart, then run it on the tester, hahahaha trades start popping up on the live chart, so I always disable my ea if I am going to run a test.