Are there any server solutions available for running EAs ? - page 3

i've tried it on SWVPS.COM and VPSLAND.COM .... two of the more affordable service providers available now. to really make it work properly, you've got to tweek the registry to enable auto-login after reboots and also create a CMD file to launch the MT4 program (putting it in the startup folder don't always work).

in the process, i've created a 25-page guide called "VPS Guide for MT4" which i'm giving away. do visit my "forex expert advisor reviews" blog for more details :)

ck - www.ckowyong.com/blog

MT4 in Linux.... cool!! thanks for the link :o)

does anyone know if it's been reported to be stable?

Hi, anybody can tell me how to run several MT on a single vps? I mean, should i install them in different partitions or what? Thank you.

hi Sendra,
just stumbled onto your query after so many months :)
in case you have not found a solution, you can find it here : http://ckowyong.com/blog/?p=28#comment-395
regards,
ck

Be sure you' all have choice the right VPS server. thinking about security, our username and password will be stored on that VPS.

it is possible admin vps can change your password, or the worse he asked for money, if you don't give it, he will placed wrong order, make you loose thousand of dollar.

VPS server mean, someone beside you can see what was program running on that VPS, imagine if someone see your forex account balance is $10,000, $50,000, or $700,000 ?

The faith can change, he will be a devil.

find out the right company, right person, and the right vps.

my solution is, buy my own server and placed in home, in my country, computer server is only $1,200,

two DSL Account (different DSL company ) ( $150 / month ), 1 power backup ( in case electric power is down ).

I made more than $10,000 / month with my EA. so don't need to worry about that charges

the better I can sleep without worry my forex account being monitored by someone else.

Good Luck to find the right VPS.

ambri

TheEconomist:
I'd like to know if there's a MetaTrader broker out there offering, besides micro mini lots and hedging, a server solution for running EAs - meaning that I upload the EA on their server and it works 24/24 without having me worried about the internet connection and power outages.

GREAT IDEA.

However, I don't think gov't regulation agencies would allow broker to offer that. Just like banks that would not allow us to save our saving/checking book with them. Brokers could go evil and mess w/ our accounts (through EA, MT4, or whatever).Even if that's okay, gov't agencies probably will ask that this server is located with third independent party

At least what they can do NOW. is to let us know where their server is located, OR if that scare them a lot, offer us to run our MT4 in their server, and charge us some rent without them having to reveal where their server is located.. . Still without revealing us where this server is located.

That would be fun. My MT4 is in the same server with my broker server - and we all can go just having fun.

I agree w/ you, TheEconomist. No worry about internet connections and power outages, and it also faster than ever before.

Again, it's a GREAT IDEA, TheEconomist.

HEY BROKERS, ANY OF YOU LISTENING ?.

Hi there Economist,

I'm sure that you have found out by now that there are a considerable number of such commercial servers that do exactly what you are looking for.

Regards,

DougRH4x

forextrading27 wrote >>

Be sure you' all have choice the right VPS server. thinking about security, our username and password will be stored on that VPS.

it is possible admin vps can change your password, or the worse he asked for money, if you don't give it, he will placed wrong order, make you loose thousand of dollar.

VPS server mean, someone beside you can see what was program running on that VPS, imagine if someone see your forex account balance is $10,000, $50,000, or $700,000 ?

The faith can change, he will be a devil.

find out the right company, right person, and the right vps.

my solution is, buy my own server and placed in home, in my country, computer server is only $1,200,

two DSL Account (different DSL company ) ( $150 / month ), 1 power backup ( in case electric power is down ).

I made more than $10,000 / month with my EA. so don't need to worry about that charges

the better I can sleep without worry my forex account being monitored by someone else.

Good Luck to find the right VPS.

ambri

Dear Ambri,

i am new in the fx world, read and learn alot from seminar, forum, local book, etc (1 year back already)

but i still haven't started yet. Partially feel i'm not that ready yet. even though i already have some principles that i'll follow when i start.

May I know how u start?.. Do you write your own ea, or you leave it to the expert programmer? If u don't mind pls guide me for my first few steps, thanks. Very appreciate if u may do so. GBU..

my email is santoso1511@yahoo.com

regards, santoso

Just for the info; we do offer linux VPS that is fit for MT4.