Has anyone built a profitable EA

Theres a lot of rubbish being marketed out there on the internet about how expert advisors make a lot of money, I have tried a few and they all fail sooner or later usually in 3-6 months. My question is has anybody been sucessfull in coding a full auto EA that actually consistantly makes money with low drawdown. It doesn't have to make a huge amount but it has to keep working. Enven if it only makes 1-3 % per month but with a small draw down less than 6%. Has anyon been able to code anything that actually works. I'm just curious.

Cheers Lee 

Lee:

Theres a lot of rubbish being marketed out there on the internet about how expert advisors make a lot of money, I have tried a few and they all fail sooner or later usually in 3-6 months. My question is has anybody been sucessfull in coding a full auto EA that actually consistantly makes money with low drawdown. It doesn't have to make a huge amount but it has to keep working. Enven if it only makes 1-3 % per month but with a small draw down less than 6%. Has anyon been able to code anything that actually works. I'm just curious.

Cheers Lee 

https://www.mql5.com/en/signals
Trading signals
Trading signals
  • www.mql5.com
Trading Signals for MetaTrader: social trading, mirror trading, copy trading and account monitoring

I've had a look at the signals and I know I'm new here and don't want to disrespect anyone but most of them seem to be on demo accounts with a small deposit not real convincing. The returns are spectacular but would you put $100,000 of your own cash into an account and allow these eas to trade on your behalf. I'm wanting to see something that has a year or to of live trading with low drawdown and positive returns something that is safe and can be trusted with a very large live account.

What have you got

Lee 

Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties - Documentation on MQL5

3% per month does not sound like much... Until you compound the return over 10 years:

$10000 = $347109.87 ( Profit = 3371% ) ( 42.58% compound annual return ). Awesome.

Chris_V:

3% per month does not sound like much... Until you compound the return over 10 years:

$10000 = $347109.87 ( Profit = 3371% ) ( 42.58% compound annual return ). Awesome.

Eaxctly right mate everyone is trying to chsae the EA thats going to make them a millionare over night, i'm chasing the EA that won't lose my money.

Lee:
Eaxctly right mate everyone is trying to chsae the EA thats going to make them a millionare over night, i'm chasing the EA that won't lose my money.
This is easy to code. Just create an EA that does nothing. Anyway, go to Signals and look at real accounts only if you don't like demos.
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties - Documentation on MQL5

I have

Most EAs blow up in a couple of months!

People forget that if you make a 100% per year, and you would compound that for 20 years (Nice retirement benefits) , you would change every 1 dollar invested into more than 1 million !

If you would invest 10.000 dollar , you would be the richest man on earth in 20 years time! There are natural limits to profit... Gravity does also pulls on an equity line.

Yes there are profitable EAs out there... 

My Cronos Trader is also trading on a live account at Mythos Trading .

Ps. Draw Down is part of the game, you've got to give to the market and not only take from it !

fxyekim:
This is easy to code. Just create an EA that does nothing. Anyway, go to Signals and look at real accounts only if you don't like demos.

Ok the big question is , if an EA that does nothing does not loose money, and an EA that does something losses money, why people think that they can make money out of eas?

onlysolo, you have to find the balance between losing and winning money with EA.  As in human trading we just hope to make more than we lose.  You cannot have anything without risk.  People code EAs because they are better at execution.  Whether the strategy is profitable or not is another matter.

I saw your request for an EA the wins with no losses.  Is this reasonable to you?  Pretend you have an EA, lose the first week and you stopped and throw it away.  Someone else picked it up from your garbage and turns our it wins all the time without loses.  You'll never know because you did not try.

Drawdown is a part of the game, you've got to give to the market and not only take from it!
That bold part seems like an interesting things to code up into EA one day (of course in an indirect way). Thanks for food for thoughts :)
Reason: