Martin Armstrongs Cycles
Martin Armstrong was named Hedge Fund Manager of the Year for 1998 and has produced one of the most astonishing track records over decades on a consistent basis. He managed several hedge funds for different firms including Deutsche Bank. The most remarkable aspect of his public track record is perhaps the lowest draw-downs of any fund manager in history.
Martin applies an untraditional type of technical analysis to his charts, which is based up on cyclical analysis and is designed to capture the angle of the market as well as potential price reversals.
- The angle of the channel gives you a road-map into the future as to what type of move you can expect.
- The steeper the angle the greater the tendency for a market to rally/decline rapidly.
- The channels provide reference to where cyclical support and resistance is located.
- A closing above an Important High (Higher Close) or below a Significant Low (Lower Close) often signals a continued move in that direction.
- Higher Close/Lower Close are formed when price breaks through an Important High or Significant Low on a closing basis.
- Trap Moves are formed when price breaks an Important High or SIgnificant Low and immediately closes back above/below the Important High or Significant Low
- Alerts trigger on Higher Close, Lower Close and Trap Move Signals.
- Short Term Cycles: 1
- Long Term Cycles: 2
- Buy/Sell Signal (Reversal): True/False
- Trap Move: True/False
- Comment Font Size: 6
- Important High: Lime
- Significant Low: MediumOrchid
- Higher Close: Lime
- Lower Close: MediumOrchid
- Trap Move: Aqua
- Show Previous Day O/H/L/C/C Panel: True/False
- Pop-Up Alert: True/False
- Email Alert: True/False
- Mobile Alert: True/False
- Alert Sound: Alert.wav
OLD -> NEW
Bullish Reversals -> Important High
Bearish Reversal -> Significant Low
Buy -> Higher Close
Sell-> Lower Close
Temporarily removed the Red Signal Arrow until further improvements.
Added Arrow to the Trap Move, now readable by EAs.
>Arrows added for bullish and bearish reversals