BTC Trend Trader
BTC Trend Trader Plus has been released.
A new strategy based on the BTC Trend Trader and limited to daily charts. BTC Trend Trader Plus aims to increase profits by increasing the number of long position trades compared to BTC Trend Trader.
- It senses the trend and enters, and closes when it senses the end of the trend.
- It executes buying and selling when a new bar is created.
- It does not always have a position.
- It does not engage in high-risk transactions such as martingale.
How to use
- Broker : BIG BOSS is the best choice. However, it is limited to Bitcoin. Alto coins in BIG BOSS have large swap points and are not suitable for this EA.
- Currency pair : BTCUSD
- Time frame : daily (4 hours is not recommended)
- Lots : Please enter the lot size to order in one trade.
Magic number: Set when operating in the same currency pair at different timeframes.
6 points to choose a broker
- The spread is small.
- The swap point is small.
- The transaction fee is low.
- Best brokers have a timezone of GMT + 0, but no such broker has been found. When operating on a daily basis, it is better to be close to GMT + 0. When operating on a 4-hour basis, it is even better if the difference from GMT + 0 is a multiple of 4.
- Can be bought and sold on Saturdays and Sundays.
- No major troubles in the past.
- If you know a broker with good conditions other than BIG BOSS, I would appreciate it if you could contact me.
About the optimum lot size
- I recommend trading the same amount as your margin balance. If you want to leverage, please decide the lot size referring to the simulation result below.
- I performed a back test (BTCUSD D1 from September 28, 2016 to September 20, 2020) with MT4 of BigBoss, and based on the result of the back test, I simulated the case of buying and selling with leverage. In the backtest, the spread was set to the current value.
- Leverage is defined as a number that represents how many times the margin balance is traded. (Leverage = Bitcoin price x number of coins / margin balance)
- Suppose you have adjusted your lots to always have the same leverage when you enter.
- Transaction fees and swap points are not considered in this simulation.
Simulation results (BTCUSD D1 September 28, 2016-September 20, 2020)
|Leverage (times) ||Maximum drawdown (%) ||Final asset amount (times) |
About holding position
- If you remove the BTC Trend Trader, close the chart, or exit MT4 while the BTC Trend Trader holds the position, when the same magic number is set, if you install and run the BTC Trend Trader again, the BTC Trend Trader will recognize the position you had before and resume automatic trading.
"Buying and Selling Notification" and "Buying and Selling Forecast"
- It needs to be set. (Tools → Options → Email)
- It is equipped with a "buying and selling notification" that delivers an email immediately after buying and selling.
- "Buying and selling forecast" is installed so that users who want to buy and sell with brokers that do not adopt MT4 can prepare for buying and selling in advance. It informs you that it is likely to buy or sell at the next 0:00, only for daily charts. It will notify you hourly only if it is likely to trade at the next 00:00.
- You can set the magic number. By using different magic numbers, it is possible to operate the same currency pair in different time frames.
- For the magic number, set an integer between -2147483648 and 2147483647 excluding 0. Please note that setting an integer less than -2147483648 will automatically replace it with -2147483648, and setting an integer greater than -2147483647 will automatically replace it with 2147483647.
- All orders placed by BTC Trend Trader will be assigned the set magic number.
- If you have a position, do not change the magic number until the position is closed. If changed, BTC Trend Trader will not be able to close the positions it holds. The magic number in the previous version is 31861080, and the initial value of the magic number in the current version is also 31861080.