My name is Dr. Yossarian Escobedo and I am the Senior Strategy Analyst for ScorpionFX Capital Management LLC.
We have been in business since 2006. And I (personally) have been involved in the currency markets since the mid 1990's.
Since then, I have personally witnessed a multitude of dramatic market swings (both up and down) that have served
as very valuable lessons for my trading career. Including numerous geopolitical events, central bank interventions,
natural disasters, flash crashes etc.
As well as several large-scale events that have sent shockwaves throughout the financial markets. Causing unprecedented
volatility and leading to significant losses for large-scale institutions and investors around the world.
Here are just a few:
- Collapse of Barings Bank (1995)
- Asian financial crisis (1997)
- Default of the Russian government (1998)
- Collapse of LTCM (1998)
- Dot.com collapse (2000-2002)
- Terrorist attacks of September 11th (2001)
- Housing and Banking crisis (2008-2009)
Again, these are just a FEW of the biggest events that have rattled the financial markets in the last 25 years.
And all of these experiences have taught me humility and respect for the market. As I know (first-hand) that
there are no holy-grails and anything can happen at any time. And I have learned over the years that trading
is to a large extent a matter of math, probabilities and emotional discipline. Where your success depends
(to a very high degree) on 4 specific factors:
1) You MUST have a statistical edge.
2) You MUST be disciplined with your risk-management (control your losses).
3) You MUST be disciplined with your position-sizing (don't trade too big).
4) You MUST have patience and be able to control your emotions.
So please, do yourself a favor and ignore all the hype and all the nonsense that you see online.
NOBODY has a magic indicator or a magic EA. And NOBODY gets rich in this game overnight.
Below, I am including a link to a very short introduction video (5 minutes), which will provide a brief synopsis
of our trading principles and our approach to the market. And feel free to reach out if you have any questions
or if there is anything that we can assist with.
Thank you very much for your time and I wish you the best of luck in your trading journey!