- What's new
This is a professional trading robot, which implements the trading strategy based on the SilverChannel channel. A signal is generated when the price breaks the SilverChannel boundaries. The SilverChannel indicator draws 8 boundaries, which may also act as support and resistance levels. To obtain the signal we will use 2 middle borders. If the price breaks the upper border of SilverChannel and the close price is fixed above this border, it is the signal to buy. If the price breaks the lower border of SilverChannel and the close price is fixed below this border, it is the signal to sell.
The EA correctly processes errors and works reliably with the deposit from 100 USD. It is important to choose the direction of the EA operation: both sides, only buy or only sell. The Expert Advisor uses the basic concepts: breakeven, trailing, stop loss and take profit, as well as closing by an opposite signal. An important function - the correct calculation of risk. It does not have a function of one lot exit, it uses Risk, obligatory stop loss, based on which lot is calculated as allowed loss with the set risk value. Any EA optimized without risk using a fixed lot, will give obviously incorrect results, since during optimization parameters that can increase the balance in the initial history interval will be selected. In this case Risk works as follows: 1 is 1% deposit. The EA includes a built-in progressive optimization sorting function, and it's desirable to optimize using the "Custom max " mode.
- Magic - the magic number, an arbitrary integer.
- Work Period - the period, on which the EA operates.
- Risk - risk to enter the market, set as a percentage of loss of the total deposit. The lot is calculated relative to the stop loss and acceptable loss in case stop loss triggers.
- LotRounding - lot rounding (to a required number of decimal places).
- Deviation - requotes.
- Sleeps - waiting for position opening, closing or modification.
- StopLoss - the stop loss size.
- TakeProfit - the take profit size.
- Trailing Period - the trailing stop period.
- Trailing Breakeven - breakeven level. 0 - disabled.
- Trailing Start - trailing start level. 0 - disabled.
- Trailing Stop - trailing stop level. 0 - disabled.
- TrailingStep Period - trailing stop period.
- Prohibit new series - if you need to close the current position and stop opening new ones, enable this option.
- WorkOpenLong - allow to open a long position.
- WorkOpenShort - allow to open a short position.
- WorkCloseLong - allow to close a long position.
- WorkCloseShort - allow to close a short position.
- Inversion - entry signal inversion.
- SignalBar - the bar to start analyzing the indicator (1 means the first completely formed bar).
- Signal Period - the period on which the indicators work.
- AppliedPrice – the channel operates with the specified price type.
- SSP – the SSP parameter of the SilverChannel indicator.
- SilvCh – the SilvCh parameter of the SilverChannel indicator.
- SkyCh – the SkyCh parameter of the SilverChannel indicator.
- FutCh – the FutCh parameter of the SilverChannel indicator.
Standard Mode Optimization Instructions
Better optimize it using the Custom max mode with the progressive optimization function that can increase the potential forecast. Set the time interval equal to the working period (Work Period), this period must be less than any other in the settings. To increase optimization speed, set only open prices. Set the desired time period, and if necessary the forward period.
It is important to choose Signal Period before optimization, since it determines the result. If the period is too small and the noise level exceeds the force of the signal prediction, the result will be lost. If it's too large, it will be ineffective and have little positions. Start optimization a few times in a row and estimate this parameter. In the optimization, by default, operation in the specified side and closure by a signal are enabled. Trailing does not use points, but the last bar of the specified time interval (TrailingStep Period), (Trailing Stop=0).
Set the default settings, configure the following fields for optimization:
- StopLoss - 50/10/200
- TakeProfit - 100/10/300
- Trailing Breakeven - 20/10/50
- Trailing Start - 100/10/300
- SSP - 5/1/233
- SilvCh- 1/0.1/100
- SkyCh- 1/0.1/100
- FutCh- 1/0.1/100