This is a professional trading robot, which implements the strategy of trading inside DonchianChannels. A signal is generated when the price breaks the boundaries of the Donchian channels. If the price breaks the upper border of Donchian Channel and the close price is fixed above this border, it is the signal to buy. If the price breaks the lower border of Donchian Channel and the close price is fixed below this border, it is the signal to sell.
The EA correctly processes errors and works reliably in the market. It is important to choose the direction of the EA operation: both sides, only buy or only sell. Also, the signal can be inverted. The Expert Advisor uses the basic concepts: breakeven, trailing, stop loss and take profit, as well as closing by an opposite signal and a correct risk calculation. It does not have a function of one lot exit, it uses Risk, obligatory stop loss, based on which lot is calculated as allowed loss with the set risk value.
Any EA optimized without risk using a fixed lot, will give obviously incorrect results, since during optimization parameters that can increase the balance in the initial history interval will be selected. The EA includes a built-in progressive optimization sorting function, and it's desirable to optimize using the "Custom max " mode.
- Magic - the magic number, an arbitrary integer.
- Work Period - the period, on which the EA operates.
- Risk - risk to enter the market, set as a percentage of loss of the total deposit. The lot is calculated relative to the stop loss and acceptable loss in case stop loss triggers.
- LotRounding - lot rounding (to a required number of decimal places).
- Deviation - requotes.
- Sleeps - waiting for position opening, closing or modification.
- StopLoss - the stop loss size.
- TakeProfit - the take profit size.
- Trailing Period - the trailing stop period.
- Trailing Breakeven - breakeven level. 0 - disabled.
- Trailing Start - trailing start level. 0 - disabled.
- Trailing Stop - trailing stop level. 0 - disabled.
- TrailingStep Period - trailing stop period.
- Prohibit new series - if you need to close the current position and stop opening new ones, enable this option.
- WorkOpenLong - allow to open a long position.
- WorkOpenShort - allow to open a short position.
- WorkCloseLong - allow to close a long position.
- WorkCloseShort - allow to close a short position.
- Inversion - entry signal inversion.
- SignalBar - the bar to start analyzing the indicator (1 means the first completely formed bar).
- Minimum Difference - the minimum difference between the moving averages acceptable for the EA.
- Signal Period - the period on which the indicators work.
- AppliedPrice – the channel operates with the speciаied price type.
- Periods – the Periods parameter.
- Extremes – the Extremes parameter.
- Margins – the Margins parameter.
Standard Mode Optimization Instructions
- Better optimize it using the Custom max mode with the progressive optimization function that can increase the potential forecast.
- Set the time interval equal to the working period Work Period. This period must be less than any other in the settings.
- To increase optimization speed, set only open prices.
- Set the desired time period. If necessary set the forward period (optional).
- It is important to choose the Signal Period value before optimization, since it determines the result. If the period is too small and the noise level exceeds the force of the prediction signal, the result will be lost. If the period is too large, the result is inefficient (few positions). Start optimization a few times in a row and estimate this parameter.
- In the optimization, by default, operation in the specified side and closure by a signal are enabled. Trailing does not use points, but the last bar of the specified time interval (TrailingStep Period).
- Set the default settings, configure the following fields for optimization:
StopLoss 50 10 200 TakeProfit 100 10 300 Trailing Breakeven 20 10 50 Trailing Start 100 10 300 AppliedPrice from to Periods 3 1 233 Extremes 1 1 September Margins -20 1 20