Cant even get a simple backtest of demo EA to generate trades

I downloaded a demo MQL5 account using a demo acount from Vantage FX.  I want to see how the back testing fuction works but every EA I try will not generate trades on any timeframe over long periods of time.  What is going on with this POS?

Suad01:
I downloaded a demo MQL5 account using a demo acount from Vantage FX.  I want to see how the back testing fuction works but every EA I try will not generate trades on any timeframe over long periods of time.  What is going on with this POS?

Sorry, what exactly that you are downloaded ?

Please read this MT5 Data 

phi.nuts:

Sorry, what exactly that you are downloaded ?

Please read this MT5 Data 

Demo account software from www.vantagefx.com.au

Demo data looks ok. 

Hi, there is a known issue with Vantage FX ORDER_FILLING_TYPE (You should see trading errors in journal like "Invalid Order Filling Type").

Which EA are you trying to run?

You should either chose another broker to run your tests or change the EA source code a bit, to make it run on Vantage.

Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Trade Constants / Order Properties
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Trade Constants / Order Properties
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Trade Constants / Order Properties - Documentation on MQL5

Suad01:

Demo account software from vantagefx au

Demo data looks ok. 

1. I think what you're downloaded is called MetaTrader 5 trading platform software

2. You said this " ...I want to see how the back testing fuction works but every EA I try will not generate trades on any timeframe over long periods of time. What is going on with this POS?...". Sorry for wild goose chase, just how long is it that you expected and that you get from back testing, and what do you mean by POS ?

Reason: