Studying OOP features in MQL5

Currently, I'm reading the latest version of the MQL documentation downloaded from the platform which in turn was downloaded from the Metaquotes site.

Do the related pages of this documentation cover all the OOP features present in MQL5?

Or ... do I need to read a separate C++ book for fully utilizing those features?

attila.okcu:

Currently, I'm reading the latest version of the MQL documentation downloaded from the platform which in turn was downloaded from the Metaquotes site.

Do the related pages of this documentation cover all the OOP features present in MQL5?

Or ... do I need to read a separate C++ book for fully utilizing those features?

In my opinion, the documentation covers all the OOP features that it is capable of supporting, but not always in great detail!

Learning C++ will most certainly give you a broader and better understanding of OOP and better prepare you for this type of coding. However, there are many C++ OOP constructs that are not available in MQL5, so you may wish to research both in parallel.

attila.okcu:

I started learining OOP by setting a personal challenge like a an oop-code of an indicator (atr, sma, ema, adx) which can be used by an EA as well as by a (rewritten) indicator.

Carl Schreiber:
I started learining OOP by setting a personal challenge like a an oop-code of an indicator (atr, sma, ema, adx) which can be used by an EA as well as by a (rewritten) indicator.
That's the only way to do it...you can't learn OOP in books.

attila.okcu:

You don't need C++ at all. The documentation, articles, and forum is largely enough.

If you have experience with C++ it will help you with mql4/5 OOP, but if don't have experience, just stay with mql5 OOP as C++ will just confuse you.

This site has really a lot of sources, examples, how-tos, etc ... and already started to study some indicators here.

A specialized book may help me for getting more information if needed later for the titles briefly mentioned in the documentation, maybe.

But, it is a good news that the documentation covers all the subjects about the OOP features in MQL5, so I can know what to study harder and what not. 

Thanks a lot to all. 

Reason: