Is Forex Gambling ? - page 2

Gambling is not what you do, but how you do it.

If I would trade with a leverag around 1:400 I think forex trading is more gambling than trading.

Besides the bigger abrupt price movements in the market the risk seems statistically calculable.

I like to combine the probability theories with risk- & money-management by putting out some profits regularly out of the accounts.

Leverage around 1:100 seems okay for me.

garpits:
if i win then you loss and if you win then i loss.
If all trader be winner, who is loss?
Banks !!! :-)

FX trading like all speculative endeavor is a function of risk/reward. When you use the word "gamble" it has a touch of more risk than reward, like the roulette wheel where your odds are below 50% to get 1/1 payout. I do believe there is something called an edge in FX, where you nudge your odds above 50% for an equal pay, but you have to stay sharp to collect...

Happy trading...

Omodara Stephen:
Some are saying forex trading is gamble , should i believe them ? How do you see Forex too ?

hello there;

are you a Nigerian? if yes then you will probably notice that the country has high rate of inter-trading habit, lets take the market place for example some one buys a commodity/goods and wait until it increased in value and sell it back or still buy some thing(s) and sell back at a higher price then whats the differance between them(local traders) and us(forex trader) if thats the case then we are all GAMBLER then.

and secondly it all base IN YOUR MIND if you think your gambling it becomes embedded in your mind that your a GAMBLER.

hope you understand and take a decision 

Vo Thien Phu:
No, it's definitely not. As you can see, some traders have longterm profit (3 - 5 years). For example: you can find some of them in this link - https://goo.gl/

So, there must be some reasons why they can do that.

I don,t believe that forex is gambling. Its an art and skill. the people start trading and want to be rich in a very short time and take unnecessary risks. Thats why they loose all the money and then say that it is gambling. 

I think that forex is like a gambling is not wrong persepstion , the probability to win and lost is equivalen for the gambler. But we can manage how to get more win than yourlose with some technic and indicator who not guaranted 100% right,that mean forex is follow for the tader mind. 

Yes. It's real gambling if someone has no knowledge about the rule. It's not gambling if someone doing forex trade like real business in real world.

I learned a sentence yesterday. Plan your trade, trade your plan. This make sense for me, and I will keep this as my  motto for my future trade.

If trading with high risk or no knowledge >>> Forex is gambling.

Trading with wise risk and knowledge >>> Forex is safe. 

Osama Shaban:

If trading with high risk or no knowledge >>> Forex is gambling.

Trading with wise risk and knowledge >>> Forex is safe. 

Good Answer, Everything is Risk Management in our Universe.
Reason: