mofiy cht file

To add comments, please log in or register
Super Freddy
Super Freddy  

I never liked the line style of the position lines (SL, TP, etc)...."dash-dot-dash". If there is a way to change their style using a script, I haven't gotten that far yet in my coding journey, but today I discovered the *.cht file inside the profiles folder. From within MT4, I go to Open Data Folder and they are stored within Profiles. I saw a line which read "stop_color=255", which means the default color of a SL & TP line is red. I changed it to 14772544, which is Royal Blue. I had to leave the *.cht file open in Notepad, close MT4 first, then save the updated *.cht file (otherwise MT4 will write over it as it's closing).

changed from Red to Royal Blue 

...and it worked. Now my SL & TP lines are royal blue by default on this particular chart. So I copied that line of code to all other chart files on my prefered Profiles and all is good. But I am still curious about being able to customize other properties through this *.cht file. If I can change the color property of this line, how about the line style? I tried "stop_style=..." and nothing. I even tried "limits_color" and "limit_color" and nothing.

I don't get the impression that MetaQuotes intended users to modify the *.cht file so there probably isn't a library of commands. Is there? Would love to change other properties of chart objects through this *.cht file :-) 

Alain Verleyen
Alain Verleyen  

That's not .cht file but .chr

And the color your changed can be changed in chart window property (F8).

The style cannot be changed.

To add comments, please log in or register