ex4 write error

Upon upgrading MetaEditor I cannot compile any source code.  All my custom indicators and experts have ex4 files present in the Indicators folder, but none of the platform-included files, such as ATR, Awesome, Bands etc have recompiled successfully.  If I try to manually recompile and write the ex4 file, I get an 'EX4 write error'.  If I try to compile anything at all, even the simplest code, I get the same error.

If I paste a previous backed-up version of the ex4 into the Indicators folder, it runs correctly on the MetaTrader platform.

Can anyone help?  I can use old object code for now, but I am unable to write and compile any new code.

System:

Windows Vista 32 bit

MetaTrader Version 4.00 build 985

MetaEditor Version 5.00 build 1350

I have full read/write access to the MQL4 data folder (C:\Users\User_account_name\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\Instance_id\MQL4) and Indicators folder.

MenitalTrader:
Upon upgrading MetaEditor I cannot compile any source code.  All my custom indicators and experts have ex4 files present in the Indicators folder, but none of the platform-included files, such as ATR, Awesome, Bands etc have recompiled successfully.  If I try to manually recompile and write the ex4 file, I get an 'EX4 write error'.  If I try to compile anything at all, even the simplest code, I get the same error.

For anyone suffering from a similar problem, Metaquotes Service Desk recommended this:

Please, update your terminal to the latest pre-release build.

There are few steps to update:

1. You should open demo account on MetaQuotes-Demo server and log in.

Accounts -> Open an Account -> click "add new broker ..." -> enter  demo.metaquotes.net -> click "Scan" -> select demo.metaquotes.net -> click "Next".

2. Restart the terminal.
3. Wait until "LiveUpdate finished" record would appear in Journal tab.
4. Restart the terminal once again.

5. Check terminal's build.

It worked for me.  My terminal would not auto-update beyond version 985 with my broker.  The latest version from metaquotes fixed the problem.

Reason: