Bugs in build 722 - page 2

phi.nuts:
Sorry for the goose chase, Lothar, but I still think you should install MT5 outside C:\Program Files\ 

Ok, thanks for the advise. 

MetaQuotes:
Sorry for any inconvenience, this issue has been just fixed and update will be available as soon as possible.

Thanks for your help and quick fix.

When the new release will be avaliable?

Once again, my EA is just running on DEMO account, but I still do not understand how this release policy can be applicable. What about for people running EA live. How can we avoid automatic updates? 

Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties - Documentation on MQL5

och:

Thanks for your help and quick fix.

When the new release will be avaliable?

Once again, my EA is just running on DEMO account, but I still do not understand how this release policy can be applicable. What about for people running EA live. How can we avoid automatic updates? 

We've been asking that for years : disable automatic updates and/or reverting to previous build. In MT4 it's very easy to disable automatic update but still reverting to previous build are not available.

So far, in MT4, the only way to revert to previous build, is to use Windows Easy Transfer (WET)/Windows File and Setting transfer (WFST) and then disable automatic updates by renaming liveupdate.exe .

In Vista/7, WET/WFST is located at Start >  All Programs > Accessories > System Tools  > Windows Easy Transfer.

If we use WET/WFST in MT5, the problem is the automatic update will run again and download new updates, Same thing if we use System Restore :(.

I´m not sure if it is connected with IndicatorCreate invalid handle, but the latest build 722 returns CIndicator::GetData: invalid buffer (my EA uses normal + custom indicators). Everything worked fine until the latest build.

Peter

Step on New Rails: Custom Indicators in MQL5
Step on New Rails: Custom Indicators in MQL5
  • Андрей
  • www.mql5.com
I will not list all of the new possibilities and features of the new terminal and language. They are numerous, and some novelties are worth the discussion in a separate article. Also there is no code here, written with object-oriented programming, it is a too serous topic to be simply mentioned in a context as additional advantages for developers. In this article we will consider the indicators, their structure, drawing, types and their programming details, as compared to MQL4. I hope that this article will be useful both for beginners and experienced developers, maybe some of them will find something new.

Somehow my horizontal scale does not go further as 20121116 for the standard EURUSD M15 however when I create a new EURCAD M15 it goes on until the current position like 20121122 (see att).

Can someone tell me how to correct this (I am running on a Alpari US demo account)? 

• www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties - Documentation on MQL5

Lothar:

Somehow my horizontal scale does not go further as 20121116 for the standard EURUSD M15 however when I create a new EURCAD M15 it goes on until the current position like 20121122 (see att).

Can someone tell me how to correct this (I am running on a Alpari US demo account)? 

Hi Lothar, You may want to read just the whole first page of this long topic  https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/7028 
MT5 Data
MT5 Data
  • www.mql5.com
But my M1 data only goes back a few months, whereas other timeframes go back many more and even years.
Reason: