Metatrader 4 future?

It's obvious that Metaquotes is trying to kill Metatrader 4 and force transition to Metatrader 5.  Was there any announcement about timeframe when this could happen?

I am wondering if it is viable to start a new project with MT4 which might very soon go away, or to go with MT5 which now has a much lower market share.

Please, refrain from discussion why MT4 should live forever.

Sergey Golubev:

Thanks, I'm aware of that thread, and I'm aware that MT4 is going away. 

What I would like to find out is if there were new information about when this might happen.

MT4 has much popularity than MT5 ...

I believe if Metaguotes enforce to use only MT5 (after some time), they will profit less than if MT4 is leaved to go on because selling usage licenses to brokers is limited by

the number of those brokers, but brokers have got thousands and even hundreds of thousands of clients who will not get much benefit of this transition.

I, then,  seriously will think to go to manual trading or for an other trading platform as I don't find MT5 is interesting and easy to deal with like MT4. 

Drazen Penic:

Thanks, I'm aware of that thread, and I'm aware that MT4 is going away. 

What I would like to find out is if there were new information about when this might happen.

There is no such information publicly available (AFAIK).

Osama Shaban:

MT4 has much popularity than MT5 ...

I believe if Metaguotes enforce to use only MT5 (after some time), they will profit less than if MT4 is leaved to go on because selling usage licenses to brokers is limited by

the number of those brokers, but brokers have got thousands and even hundreds of thousands of clients who will not get much benefit of this transition.

I, then,  seriously will think to go to manual trading or for an other trading platform as I don't find MT5 is interesting and easy to deal with like MT4. 

Without offense, what you believe is of little interest. The OP is asking for facts.
Reason: