Discussion of article "Interview with Dmitry Terentew (ATC 2012)"

New article Interview with Dmitry Terentew (ATC 2012) is published:

Is it really necessary to be a programmer to develop trading robots? Do we need to spend years monitoring price charts to be able to "feel" the market? All these issues have been discussed in our interview with Dmitry Terentew (SAFF), whose trading robot has been occupying the first page of the Championship from the very beginning.

Many traders believe that it is necessary to start from manual trading to "feel" the market before moving to the algorithmic trading.

I don't think so. I believe that the automated system should make decisions independently. I think, neural networks are the best solution for that (I have small knowledge of them yet but it seems they represent the future of the automated trading). Computer programs cannot "feel the market". They can only track changes in some parameters (price or indicator values).

I think that the most important thing in trading algorithm is minimization of losses or their rigid limitation by stop levels. Your account should not be destroyed just in three or four deals. I think, traders know that rule - put to risk not more than 2% from the deposit. This rule does not work for the Championship, of course.

But how are you supposed to find ideas for your trading system without monitoring the market?

The program should cope with that on its own, it should also find trading ideas (rules). Neural networks don't have any definite trading idea. The system develops it on its own in the course of training.

Dmitry Terentew (SAFF) in the Automated Trading Championship 2012

Author: Automated-Trading

Reason: