Applying the correct number of Lots to each trade from the signal.

Recently subscribed to a signal that I like but having problems with the correct number of lots being traded.  On signal history it starts out with .10 with a $5000.00 Deposit and after the first 11 profitable trades of $10.00 each it jumps to .30 lot. My account has $10000.00 in it and traded the first 21 times profitably $1.80 each.  His trade was EURUSD Buy at 1.1177 and took profit at 1.1187 which equaled $10.00.  My trade was Sell at 1.13161 and bought back at 1.12974 for a profit of $ 1.87.  What am I missing here, because I have twice the deposit and one tenth the profit?  How do I get the 4 digit account and 5 digit account in sync?

donburkett:

Recently subscribed to a signal that I like but having problems with the correct number of lots being traded.  On signal history it starts out with .10 with a $5000.00 Deposit and after the first 11 profitable trades of $10.00 each it jumps to .30 lot. My account has $10000.00 in it and traded the first 21 times profitably $1.80 each.  His trade was EURUSD Buy at 1.1177 and took profit at 1.1187 which equaled $10.00.  My trade was Sell at 1.13161 and bought back at 1.12974 for a profit of $ 1.87.  What am I missing here, because I have twice the deposit and one tenth the profit?  How do I get the 4 digit account and 5 digit account in sync?

You just mention only the price. What's about lot? For his trade of 0.3, how was it on your?

But I'm curious, his trade is Buy then Closed Buy. Why on your is Sell/Closed Sell?
Maybe should look into Journal, to see what is the action reported there.

Sarotphan Kanlamphu:

You just mention only the price. What's about lot? For his trade of 0.3, how was it on your?

But I'm curious, his trade is Buy then Closed Buy. Why on your is Sell/Closed Sell?
Maybe should look into Journal, to see what is the action reported there.

Thanks for responding to my question.  To be more clear, the trades were not done at the same time.  I just wanted to show what the signal starting balance was ($5000.00) and the signal trades 0.3 lot while my subscribed signal trade has ($10,000.00) and the signal trades 0.01  Agreed I have a 5 digit account while the signal is 4 digit and I don't know what that has to do with the communication between the two.  I would like to synchronize the two but don't know how and I really don't know if that will help.  The journal says it has been done but something is not correct.   Do you know if there is a way to contact the Author?  

Again thanks for your response  

donburkett:

Thanks for responding to my question.  To be more clear, the trades were not done at the same time.  I just wanted to show what the signal starting balance was ($5000.00) and the signal trades 0.3 lot while my subscribed signal trade has ($10,000.00) and the signal trades 0.01  Agreed I have a 5 digit account while the signal is 4 digit and I don't know what that has to do with the communication between the two.  I would like to synchronize the two but don't know how and I really don't know if that will help.  The journal says it has been done but something is not correct.   Do you know if there is a way to contact the Author?  

Please note these calculation (and you can scroll to my profile and read the faq on signal subscription)

1) subscribers balance vs provider's balance==>R1

2) subscribers leverage vs provider's leverage==>R2

3) subscribers trading acct cur vs provider's trading acct cur==>R3

R1 x R2 x R3==> LR (lotratio)

LOTSIZE==> LR x provider lotsize

ALL are using ROUNDING algo, read the faq to understand how rounding works, lotsize is just ROUNDING DOWN/truncating eg if lotsize calculated was 0.055==>0.05 will be created.

If brokerage MINIMUM lotsize does not allow such, then MINIMUM brokerage lotsize will be created. Eg brokerage minimum lotsize=0.10, then 0.10 will be created

Yang May Leong:

Please note these calculation (and you can scroll to my profile and read the faq on signal subscription)

1) subscribers balance vs provider's balance==>R1

2) subscribers leverage vs provider's leverage==>R2

3) subscribers trading acct cur vs provider's trading acct cur==>R3

R1 x R2 x R3==> LR (lotratio)

LOTSIZE==> LR x provider lotsize

ALL are using ROUNDING algo, read the faq to understand how rounding works, lotsize is just ROUNDING DOWN/truncating eg if lotsize calculated was 0.055==>0.05 will be created.

If brokerage MINIMUM lotsize does not allow such, then MINIMUM brokerage lotsize will be created. Eg brokerage minimum lotsize=0.10, then 0.10 will be created

donburkett:

I did not exactly understand your question here

You have $5000 and provider has $10000 and signal trades 0.3lot while its 0.01 on your acct?

I also forgot regards the most important formular part

RISK setting on mt4, thus pls add

4) RISK setting on subs acct==>R4

lets use an example

Provider=USD, balance=$10,000, leverage=500. trade opens 0.30lots

subs=EUR, balance=$5000, leverage=400, subs risk setting=70%

R1=$5000 x 70% subs risk==>$3500, thus $3500/$10,000=0.35

R2=400/500=>0.80

R3=(current rate of EUR vs USD at time trade was OPENED)==> (eg) 1.16562

0.35 x 0.80 x 1.16562 ==> 0.3263736 ==>0.30 LR (according to MQL rounding algo)

open trades=0.30 YOUR lotsize=LR x provider trade==>0.30 x 0.30==>0.09

does this help?

Reason: