Indicators: MA Cross Alert Once

MA Cross Alert Once:

When two Moving Averages cross the indicator will alert once per cross between crosses and mark the cross point with down or up arrow.

MA Cross Alert Once Email

Author: file45

Hi there, I wonder if it is possible to attach this ea and receive alerts only of price crossing 1 specific ma?

imichaeli:
Hi there, I wonder if it is possible to attach this ea and receive alerts only of price crossing 1 specific ma?
The fast MA is set Period=1, Method = 0(SMA), Shift=0, Price=0(Close). This equates to current price at close. 

The above accomplishes → only of price crossing 1 specific ma?

What is the difference between the two? Version "a" and "b"? 

Do we load them both on the chart or just one? 

The second and third bullet points compare the differences.

Those are the only differences. 

The more whistle and bells that are added to code the more it impacts on CPU duty. 

Same applies the more indicators, EAs added to a terminal.

On a fairly capable machine, not loaded with a thousand indicators, the above differences  will make minimal difference to CPU duty.

However, some traders are purest or scalpers and only want the bare minimum code so as to obtain maximum CPU efficiency.

As you are not a purist - otherwise you would have known - load b and you will have the convenience of drop ▼ list selection.

Good Day file45 , the indi gives the signal late - on the next candle the price is not always in the direction predicted , was wondering whether is it possible to get the signal immediately or on the current candle when the crossing happens,

Thanks,

JakobsMJ02:

Good Day file45 , the indi gives the signal late - on the next candle the price is not always in the direction predicted , was wondering whether is it possible to get the signal immediately or on the current candle when the crossing happens,

Thanks,

Thanks but I have to disagree - the indicator works correctly on all test machines. 13,499 views and postings on numerous forums and no comments of incorrect function

Maybe JakobsMJ02 meant that the alarm is not triggered upon MA cross until current candle is closed, i.e. wants cross to be signalled as soon as it happens?

Great job. Pls can we get the one for MT5?

How can I get this to work for emas?

I'd like to have when the 14 ema and 50 ema cross. It's only showing simple moving average cross!

Thanks,

JF

This indicator works perfectly for what i want however i do have one issue.

It runs, plots arrows and alerts me via email and push notification exactly as it should. However, after a while it seems to completely stop doing all of those things, but still shows as initialised in the terminal.

I then have to reload the indicator to have it function again, but a few hours later the same issue will occur where it just stops.

I'm hoping there is an easy fix?

Platform Settings - Getting Started - MetaTrader 5
Platform Settings - Getting Started - MetaTrader 5
  • www.metatrader5.com
The trading platform provides multiple settings to help you conveniently customize it. Click " Options" in the Tools menu or press "Ctrl+O". Charts — common settings of price charts and parameters of objects management: object selection straight after creation, immediate object configuration, and docking parameters; Trade — default parameters...
Reason: