How to link two mt4 chart window

Hi,

I've searched hi and low for the answer to this and am surprised I haven't found the answer because I would have thought this setup to be REALLY common.

I have a 15 minute chart and a 5 minute chart side by side in metatrader 4. I want to be able to do three things:

1) If I select a new currency pair, BOTH charts update with that currency pair (as opposed to dragging the currency pair twice)

2) more essentially, I want to be able to put my cursor on a bar on the 5 min chart, and it will show me on the 15 min chart which bar the 5 min bar is within (this is a feature of IG charts which is very useful but cannot find a way to replicate this in MT4.

3) when I drag the 5 min chart, I want the 15 min chart to drag automatically so that it's easy to find the candle that I'm looking at on the 5 min chart on the 5 min chart.

Please help, I can't believe this is not possible - essentially I'm wanting to link the two charts (like is easily done with IG index charts). Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks

Please help, I can't believe this is not possible - essentially I'm wanting to link the two charts (like is easily done with IG index charts).

Unfortunately, you've got to believe... charts in MT4 are pretty much isolated entities.

The features you need can only be done with some coding; you could link the charts via some custom indicator(s) coded to manipulate the charts, communicating with each other via (for instance) global variables.. I've done this kind of stuff for myself (also between different MT4 instances) so I know it can be done and it's relatively simple.

maybe there's some 3rd party tools which can do that, I really don't know...
do the research; if not, hire a coder to make it for you ;)

hello!:D i am looking for the same thing, maybe you found something?!or anyone knowing

It can be done with an indicator on each chart. Active chart sends messages to the other(s)
          The Implementation of a Multi-currency Mode in MetaTrader 5 - MQL5 Articles (2011)
Reason: