turning on automated trading from within an EA

I am running a successful EA, but occasionally I receive a message stating that automated trading is not allowed. When I look at tools/options/expert advisors, I see that the box for automated trading has become un-ticked, though I had ticked the box before my EA started running and verified automated was allowed when I launched the EA.

I can find out whether automated trading is allowed from within the EA using TradeExpert(), but is there a way to switch automated trading on  from within the EA?

jimbernice:

I am running a successful EA, but occasionally I receive a message stating that automated trading is not allowed. When I look at tools/options/expert advisors, I see that the box for automated trading has become un-ticked, though I had ticked the box before my EA started running and verified automated was allowed when I launched the EA.

I can find out whether automated trading is allowed from within the EA using TradeExpert(), but is there a way to switch automated trading on  from within the EA?

I don't believe so, that would be a dangerous thing to allow.

Check your Options->Expert Advisors again. There are a number of reasons that auto trading can be automatically turned off that you can control from here. Have you accidentally triggered one of these conditions?

I think that not possible because it will not let you use the other ea to activate it. Maybe with script.

It's possible using WinApi DLL, but I strongly suggest to do that only if you know exactly what you are doing. It can be very dangerous for your trading account.

jimbernice:

Maybe its a feature of the EA?

Yes, It is possible.

Some developers or programers uses Win DLL connected Expert Advisors [EA].

I think the EA you are using is having above DLL connected and EA can turns Auto Trade OFF also using this DLL method.

I recommend not to use that kind of EA. 

Reason: