Question to MetaQuotes - 0 commission on deals in strategy tester - page 2

Alexx:
Why misleading? Spreads are considered (they're simulated on the basis of spreads in the M1 price history history) when testing, thus they affect the final balance.
OK, then it is at least included during testing. Is it shown separately? (I do not have any test report or MT5 on current PC to check it now) Because this might be also an interested statistic - to see, how much $$ is spend on the commissions.

I repeat, spread is not commission. It is not shown in the tester report. To analyze spreads you can use the MqlRates structure in your EA, or you can use a ready-made solution like Spread Meter on the market.

Alexx:

I repeat, spread is not commission. It is not shown in the tester report. To analyze spreads you can use the MqlRates structure in your EA, or you can use a ready-made solution like Spread Meter on the market.
My mistake - should have written "to see, how much $$ is spend on the spreads." (as it is in a sense a transaction cost). OK, I will use the MqlRates then. Thanks for the explanations and the discussion, Alexx! Much appreciated.