Download MetaTrader 5

New user of meta trader, some basic questions regarding automatic target stop loss functionality

To add comments, please log in or register
Format text in the messages editor. It is convenient!
saviz
saviz 2015.11.02 13:16 

Hello everyone,

I will shortly for the first time start using the powerful metatrader.
I have some real basic questions which I would like to just verify that it's possible.

The price i talk about moves in ticks, for example as below:
and so on...

1.)  
Is possible to create the following rule in meta, if i buy on 1400,as soon as the price hit 1401 then a stop loss will be placed 1400,75 (not a trailing stop loss just a one that will remain stuck on that level) Meanin that as soon as the price crosses 1400,75 I will be sold out at 1400,5 (as long as the spread is 0,25 tick of course in the index)?

2.) 
With the following rule, lets say that I bought one contract and the stop loss have been in place at 1400,75.
then the price goes up further to 1410, i buy also one more contract, the same stop loss functionality goes in, and IF that stop loss in my position 2 would be hit then i want to exit JUST WITH contract in position 2, I dont  want to sell all my long positions (in other words keeping the other one I bouth on 1400) is this possible?

3.)
Is it possible to create a rule where I can specity, for example first if 1425 is hit, enable a trailing stop loss 2 tick below 1425? That will follow the price up until it moves 2 ticks down and sells my position to profit.

Thanks a lot in advance.
Your advice on theese questions means a lot!

To add comments, please log in or register