Time Sensitive help needed...

Good day users,

I have been trying to learn how to code very recently. I am not sure of much, but I wonder if anyone here has successfully coded a cross of two lines in the oscillate indicator. I just want the trade to be taken when a cross between line a and line b occurs in the overbought or oversold zone (lets say values over 80 and less than 20).  Any ideas?

Thanks ahead of time for any place for me to start. 

16649609:
Good day users,

I have been trying to learn how to code very recently. I am not sure of much, but I wonder if anyone here has successfully coded a cross of two lines in the oscillate indicator. I just want the trade to be taken when a cross between line a and line b occurs in the overbought or oversold zone (lets say values over 80 and less than 20).  Any ideas?

Thanks ahead of time for any place for me to start. 
         //--- Mode Standard OSC            
               if (m_mode==0)
                  {
                  double smain=iStochastic(m_symbolname,m_timeframe,m_period_k,m_period_d,m_slowing,m_method,m_pricefield,MODE_MAIN,m_shift);
                  double ssignal=iStochastic(m_symbolname,m_timeframe,m_period_k,m_period_d,m_slowing,m_method,m_pricefield,MODE_SIGNAL,m_shift);
                  double stoch=0;
                  if (smain>100-m_signal && smain<ssignal) 
                     stoch=-100+(MathMax(smain,ssignal)*2);
                  else if (smain<m_signal && smain>ssignal)
                     stoch=-100+(MathMin(smain,ssignal)*2);
                  return -stoch;
                  }

This is a snippet of one of my signal classes. It will return a value between +100 (long) and -100 (short) which indicates the strength of the signal, 0 means no signal. It does exactly what you asked for. You just have to change the variable names to your needs, whereby m_signal is the distance to overbought/oversold maximum of 100 and 0. If you set m_signal to 20 it means, 80 and 20 are used and if the lines cross above/below 80 and 20, the variable "stoch" will be >0 / <0, otherwise it´s zero.

PS: If you´re looking for algorithms, take a look at the signal classes of MT5/MQL5. I did not take my code from there, but anyway many algorithms of those classes should work fine. 

Doerk:

This is a snippet of one of my signal classes. It will return a value between +100 (long) and -100 (short) which indicates the strength of the signal, 0 means no signal. It does exactly what you asked for. You just have to change the variable names to your needs, whereby m_signal is the distance to overbought/oversold maximum of 100 and 0. If you set m_signal to 20 it means, 80 and 20 are used and if the lines cross above/below 80 and 20, the variable "stoch" will be >0 / <0, otherwise it´s zero.

PS: If you´re looking for algorithms, take a look at the signal classes of MT5/MQL5. I did not take my code from there, but anyway many algorithms of those classes should work fine. 

Wow. I really appreciate the information and advice and will definitely use both. I hope after learning more i can swing through here and help someone out as you have done for me. 

Thank you. 

16649609:
Wow. I really appreciate the information and advice and will definitely use both. I hope after learning more i can swing through here and help someone out as you have done for me. 

Thank you. 

You´re welcome :) But maybe you should have a name instead of a user-number ;)

Doerk 

Done

While working on this I am unsure of a couple term you used in the example you provided.  I will send you a private note to get a little clarity

Thanks

Reason: