Want to learn mql5 for creating an EA

because Mt5 can backtest more than one pair at a time, I want to learn mql5 to for creating a grid trading ea.

But I don't know where to start, should I just learn the code itself or the Mql5 Wizard?

sunny7day:
because Mt5 can backtest more than one pair at a time, I want to learn mql5 to for creating a grid trading ea.

But I don't know where to start, should I just learn the code itself or the Mql5 Wizard?

Simply learn C++. Its a benefit anyway, cause its the oldest oop standard which exists since more than 20 years with almost no changes - cause its simply perfect for many circumstances. 

But to code just to be compatible with MT5, you can do it also in native MQL4 within the MQL5 editor. The main difference is only that you have the option to work object oriented, but you dont need to if you dont want. 

Doerk:

Simply learn C++. Its a benefit anyway, cause its the oldest oop standard which exists since more than 20 years with almost no changes - cause its simply perfect for many circumstances. 

But to code just to be compatible with MT5, you can do it also in native MQL4 within the MQL5 editor. The main difference is only that you have the option to work object oriented, but you dont need to if you dont want. 

really?
I want to write an Mt5 ea, do I need to learn the code or just the Mt5 wizard?

I don´t use the wizard and don´t know it. But I´d could imagine that the code it produces is not compatible with MT4. But as said, I don´t know this thing. 

If you´re familiar with MQL4, you can code in MQL5. The main benefit of MQL5 is the "++" / object oriented programming. But if you don´t like it, don´t use it, fact is you don´t need to.

Doerk 

wizard is only to generate a template.

I am going to go against the grain here.  To say to someone just learn C++ is technically correct advice because that is what he needs however there is something missing here in this advice.  We are human.  You will need the basics which means variables, functions, loops, arrays, references, pointers, classic types, classes(not required but very very helpful), and probably most important is the good coding practices which will help if you have a big project.  Even if you don't use all of the right practices, just to know they are there is good.  

You can learn these basics while coding in MQL5, but if you do that instead of learning C++ then you will stay interested. You will see your work become useful in what you are trying to do and the best part is that should you ever decide you want to learn C++, you will be 90% of the way there.

Don't waste time to learn the code. There are no profitable EA up to now.

Tan Phan Ngoc:
There are no profitable EA up to now.

That's quite the statement.

Tan Phan Ngoc:

You gotta think bigger.

Maybe after learning to code, this guy may write a profitable EA.

A Nobel Prize (plus mucho dinero) is waiting to be had!

Tan Phan Ngoc:
Maybe not in the market section of this site, yes, that may be. But believe me, there are profitable EAs and I know people that live from them, but those EAs are not for the public.

Tan Phan Ngoc:

rely ? ... EA better than Manual especially in scalping 

Reason: