Strategy tester

HI 

I am new to MQL4 programing and still very much a newby. I have been running some EAs on strategy tester.  Along the bottom it has lot size.  Lot size increases with equity growth on this particular EA I am running?  Are the lot sizes specified on the bottom scale?  I know this is a pretty basic question I Just want to make sure?  

thanks again Harry J 

Harry J:

HI 

I am new to MQL4 programing and still very much a newby. I have been running some EAs on strategy tester.  Along the bottom it has lot size.  Lot size increases with equity growth on this particular EA I am running?  Are the lot sizes specified on the bottom scale?  I know this is a pretty basic question I Just want to make sure?  

thanks again Harry J 

Not sure if I totally understand what you're asking here Harry. The bottom "scale" will show you what lot sizes were used in each order but the actual lot sizes will be "specified" in the EA logic. Or am I missing your point?

Stuart Browne:
Not sure if I totally understand what you're asking here Harry. The bottom "scale" will show you what lot sizes were used in each order but the actual lot sizes will be "specified" in the EA logic. Or am I missing your point?

HI Stuart,

I am just running some free EA's  I loaded from this website to get an idea of input parameters and optimization and how it all works   I have read through the EA's logic and yes it does increase as equity goes up, but since my post have figured out I can just look at the journal as trades are posted.  I was wondering if the scale on the bottom of the of the Strategy tester was in lot size?

I have traded forex for 25 years at a bank and have never had to automate my ideas.  I have been trying to learn MQL4 for about 3 weeks now and am making some progress.  I have a VPS running Metatrader and I am just trying to get all my basis covered before setting up an EA to trade 24/7.  Will probably have someone write something for me eventually, but would like to do it myself in the long run

I am sure your busy, thanks again for answering some of my posts.

Regards Harry  

No worries Harry, glad to help. Sounds like you've got it all sorted now.

MQL4 is pretty straight forward once you start developing a few EAs. But if you have any questions, be sure to post them up, there's a great bunch of knowledgeable and helpful folks on here :D
Reason: