Products/Market - Question (Is the product really mine?)

Hi,

I would like to know the following, when I buy a certain indicator or expert advisor in the market, can I save the files to a "USB Flash Drive"?

I heard that I receive only the ex4 file, and not the mq4. But I wanted to confirm this situation + several questions to make sure of what I am doing with my investments.

Overall is the product/tool that I buy really mine or just a long term rented situation? And also what happens when I buy a certain indicator or expert advisor, and all of a sudden the product is no longer available or doesn't exists anymore in the market, do I still have it? Or I lost the product and wasted money for nothing?

Regards,
 LGomes91

only the ex4 file

You can make backup copies on a flash drive but the product can work only on the same PC. This is called "activation". If you upgrade your hardware you may lost activation. Normally a product provides 5 activations (this is up to developer), so you can reinstall it after upgrades or on several computers.

You'll preserve an activated ex4 file even if it's suddenly removed from the Market, but I'm afraid you'll be unable to reactivate it (if necessary) in future.

Thank you @Tan Phan Ngoc and @Stanislav Korotky

Stanislav Korotky:

You can make backup copies on a flash drive but the product can work only on the same PC. This is called "activation". If you upgrade your hardware you may lost activation. Normally a product provides 5 activations (this is up to developer), so you can reinstall it after upgrades or on several computers.

You'll preserve an activated ex4 file even if it's suddenly removed from the Market, but I'm afraid you'll be unable to reactivate it (if necessary) in future.

Just to be complete, an Operating System change can also need a new activation.
Reason: