• 3% (2)
  • 3% (2)
  • 5% (3)
  • 8% (5)
Total voters: 43

I'm curious, how you guys get < 100ms execution speed

Rough delay unfortunately :(

Dua Yong Rew:

I'm curious, how you guys get < 100ms execution speed? 

Maybe you have to define what is execution speed exactly, and how you measure it.

Alain Verleyen:
Maybe you have to define what is execution speed exactly, and how you measure it.

in the journal tab, 

example

2015.05.29 06:50:04.614 Trades '10500xxx': order #1579xxxx buy 0.04 / 0.04 EURUSD at 1.09407 done in 691 ms

Dua Yong Rew:

I'm curious, how you guys get < 100ms execution speed? 

1. Find your VPS server address. One way is to open a browser on your VPS and google its IP address. There are many sites that will get this for you, and they also point to the server's physical location.

2. Find your broker's server IP address (also check its physical location).

3. Test

4. If the speed is not fast enough, find another server (or server location) for your VPS, and repeat the procedure.

Of course, speed varies from one VPS provider to another, but this trial-and-error procedure is the part that traders can change. And some providers offer options to move your host to another location, while others simply do not.

Enrico Lambino:

1. Find your VPS server address. One way is to open a browser on your VPS and google its IP address. There are many sites that will get this for you, and they also point to the server's physical location.

2. Find your broker's server IP address (also check its physical location).

3. Test

4. If the speed is not fast enough, find another server (or server location) for your VPS, and repeat the procedure.

Of course, speed varies from one VPS provider to another, but this trial-and-error procedure is the part that traders can change. And some providers offer options to move your host to another location, while others simply do not.

my ping is less than 10ms show at the bottom right of the MT5

however my trades execution is around 600 - 700ms as shown in the journal tab

I'm thinking is my broker server is lousy. 

Reason: