MT4 live acc freezing

Recently I noticed for the first time that my MT4 platform remains frozen until restarted after data connection is lost which occurs nightly when broker restarts their server. This has never happened before - but now every night.

Can brokers do this deliberately? Because none of my settings had been changed.

On the broker´s forum there are similar complaints. Is there a way around this (other than changing the broker)?

amperi :

Recently I noticed for the first time that my MT4 platform remains frozen until restarted after data connection is lost which occurs nightly when broker restarts their server. This has never happened before - but now every night.

Can brokers do this deliberately? Because none of my settings had been changed.

On the broker´s forum there are similar complaints. Is there a way around this (other than changing the broker)?

If this is really due to latency, as the broker says, I would strongly urge MetaQuotes to take care of this in one of their upcoming updates. The platform doesn´t have to freeze just because data flow is briefly interrupted in the middle of the night, does it? Surely, MetaQuotes doesn´t want poor clients miss any trades because of that. After all, it´s their best employers and contractors that earn their well-deserved money this way: by us trading.

Reason: