MT4 never opens maximised??

Been using mt4 for a while now and this is driving me mad. every time i open mt4 it does not open maximised. it opens slightly bigger than the full size of the screen and i have to click maximise to ge it to fit the screen properly.

it didnt used to be that much of a problem but now i have 2 screens, it slightly overlaps the right hand screen every time i open it.

i have tried maximising it then re-saving my profile and restarting it but this had no effect. i have never seen a windows program behave like this before.

i am using vista 64 and this has happened on every build ive had, including the latest 220.

I suggest You have dashboard on left side of Desktop. Is it true?

i have nothing open except the charts. no market watch, no data window, no navigator. only charts with terminal at the bottom

Hi Ewok,

Windows can handle this for you.  You can modify the shortcut to always open in a Maximized window.

I don't have Vista installed, but I assume that the menus should be relatively similar.

1) Right click on the MetaTrader shortcut and click Properties. (You can do this for both the start menu and the desktop shortcuts.)

2) Go to the "Shortcut" tab.

3) Change the "Run" dropdown to "Maximized."  Click OK.

That's it.

Mike

Reason: