Why doesn't divide work? [urgent]

I've encountered a very strange problem, which I have absolutely no idea of how to solve. two integer values won't be divided!

I've set up a custom indicator, and the buffer plots on the chart. What I want to do is to get a smoothing value, and assign this to a variable (1/length).

BUT, when I try to plot this it only gives me zeros... the variables are declared correctly (doubles), and I've tried to do the calcuation directly int the buffer.

MapBuffer[i]=1/5; // Should give 0.2 but is 0.0000...

I tried multiply, add and subtract, and everything works fine.. exept when the result of the divide is below is not equal to an integer (but the Buffer is declared as a double).

Not even 5/2 gives the correct value (2.5), instead shows 2. I must do something fundamentally wrong.. but what?

Appreciate every answer!

Best Regards,
Johan

MapBuffer[i]=1.0/5.0;

5.0/2.0

Flirrrt :
I've encountered a very strange problem, which I have absolutely no idea of how to solve. two integer values won't be divided!

I've set up a custom indicator, and the buffer plots on the chart. What I want to do is to get a smoothing value, and assign this to a variable (1/length).

BUT, when I try to plot this it only gives me zeros... the variables are declared correctly (doubles), and I've tried to do the calcuation directly int the buffer.

MapBuffer[i]=1/5; // Should give 0.2 but is 0.0000...

I tried multiply, add and subtract, and everything works fine.. exept when the result of the divide is below is not equal to an integer (but the Buffer is declared as a double).

Not even 5/2 gives the correct value (2.5), instead shows 2. I must do something fundamentally wrong.. but what?

Appreciate every answer!

Best Regards,
Johan

Hi,

I have the same problem, did you find any solution ?

It must be a way to divide two integers and have the result as a double !

Reason: