C++ and Metatrader 5 - page 2

The best way to learn MQL is not by using the MQL guide first. I should know. Btw, I'm six months into MQL, and developed over 50 experts, testing and proving all my notion strategies. It is sad to say that most strategies out there are losers. I took a project-based approach, learning what I felt I needed to know at the moment. 

I started with youtube videos on how to open positions. Once done, and the concept is well understood, I realised that other prerequisites have to be considered before opening a trade. Like:

1. Last trade result.

2. Lot size.

3. Margin requirements. etc

So, I kept learning, and at some point, I read the MQL guide which I had, but had failed to understand it's 5000+ pages, and realized that some concepts were now making sense. 

I still can't fully say that I know c++, but I have a couple of it's concepts from MQL. I'm now a week into learning python using the same flow, yet I can build bots by myself by now. 

Mql is my first language. And I'm still learning, whenever I find something new that I need, yet I don't know. 

In short, learn MQL through coding it. Don't head to c++. 

Learn what you realise is important while you code. You understand what you need easily while coding it, rather than learning some bunch of code that you have no idea where to implement. 

Use the forum whenever possible. Try to avoid asking questions that already have comprehensive answers. Search first. 

As for me, I spend nights coding MQL. I'm now learning Neural Networks because I realised that I can use it somewhere. 

Some said that I need to be a data scientist to code Neural Networks, but they don't know me, or what I can do. 

It's day four, yet I already have a supervised learning model. 

Nothing is impossible. Trust yourself.

Peace!

Reason: