Hi,
I had a longer break from coding and just came back to work on my EA and review my strategy again.
While using the Strategy Tester in visual mode, I noticed something that feels different from how I remember it.
When the test is running, I have Auto Scroll enabled and the chart follows the current price as expected.
But when I press Pause and try to scroll back to inspect older candles, the chart keeps jumping back to the current/latest candle.
I remember that before, I could simply pause the test and then scroll freely to the left. Auto Scroll would still work normally again when I resumed the test.
Turning Auto Scroll off manually is not really the same, because then the chart also stops following the price while the test is running.
So I am not sure if I remember this wrong, if something changed in a newer MT5 version, or if this is a bug.
Does anyone else see the same behavior in the current version?
I am using MetaTrader 5, build 6230, dated 25 September 2026.
Small update:
I just noticed something else which might be related.
When the visual test is paused and Auto Scroll is enabled, mouse input seems to advance the backtest.
For example:
- If I click somewhere in the chart, the test moves forward by one tick.
- If I use the mouse wheel and scroll up, it also moves forward tick by tick.
- If I scroll the other way to move back in the chart, Auto Scroll immediately pushes the chart back to the latest position.
So even while the tester is paused, normal mouse actions seem to trigger some kind of update/next tick.
I am pretty sure this did not happen before. When paused, the chart should stay completely frozen and I should be able to inspect older candles without the simulation moving forward.
Can someone with the current build please check if they see the same behavior?
Behaviour not reproducible.
Try to record a video if possible.
- Free trading apps
- Over 8,000 signals for copying
- Economic news for exploring financial markets
You agree to website policy and terms of use
Hi,
I had a longer break from coding and just came back to work on my EA and review my strategy again.
While using the Strategy Tester in visual mode, I noticed something that feels different from how I remember it.
When the test is running, I have Auto Scroll enabled and the chart follows the current price as expected.
But when I press Pause and try to scroll back to inspect older candles, the chart keeps jumping back to the current/latest candle.
I remember that before, I could simply pause the test and then scroll freely to the left. Auto Scroll would still work normally again when I resumed the test.
Turning Auto Scroll off manually is not really the same, because then the chart also stops following the price while the test is running.
So I am not sure if I remember this wrong, if something changed in a newer MT5 version, or if this is a bug.
Does anyone else see the same behavior in the current version?
I am using MetaTrader 5, build 6230, dated 25 September 2026.