Please dont flame me....

Hi all,

Wow isn't metatrader 5 a package or what!!! well I have been trying to get my head around it but it is soooo big I thought rather than just getting totally confused I would ask, hope I don't get too many falmes saying "Go and find out yourself" :(

1) From what I can see MT5 is free, they make their money selling it to companies that you then get accounts with, is this right?

2) The MT5 I download from metatrader5 website is exactally the same as one I wolud download from one of these companies?

3) I want to see /use the FTSE100 but cannot seem to add it, I assume it is because I am not assosiated / have an account with a company providing FTSE100 data?

4) Can I simply get an account with a company supplying FTSE100 data, login using their login details and hey presto? I only want to learn at the moment so a company with demo cash would be ideal.

5)  Can anyone suggest an account for FTSE100

6) I have read about bad data (slow) from some companies is this he case?

Well hope you can help and hope I have not been too much of a pain :)

Steve 

scarr:

Hi all,

Wow isn't metatrader 5 a package or what!!! well I have been trying to get my head around it but it is soooo big I thought rather than just getting totally confused I would ask, hope I don't get too many falmes saying "Go and find out yourself" :(

1) From what I can see MT5 is free, they make their money selling it to companies that you then get accounts with, is this right?

2) The MT5 I download from metatrader5 website is exactally the same as one I wolud download from one of these companies?

3) I want to see /use the FTSE100 but cannot seem to add it, I assume it is because I am not assosiated / have an account with a company providing FTSE100 data?

4) Can I simply get an account with a company supplying FTSE100 data, login using their login details and hey presto? I only want to learn at the moment so a company with demo cash would be ideal.

Steve 

Hmmm didn't think my questions were that bad :( not even one reply.

scarr:

Hi all,

Steve 

#5, Alpari seems to have this index.