Optimizing experts advisors with metatrader 4.00

Hello everybody

I am using metatrader 4.

I would really appreciate the help of any of you since I have not found any explanation to my doubts yet and I have already posted this message in lots of forums but I have not received an answer yet. These doubts are driving me crazy.

I am stuck with a message that is returned to me on the Journal tab of the Tester window when I am optimizing expert advisors with a big input data set. To be precise when I run the optimization for the MACD Sample expert advisor, I get the following message on the Journal tab of the Tester window:

"MACD Sample: optimization stopped, 993 cache records used, 973 cache records rejected."

What does this message really mean? Does anybody know? What records that this sentence mean? What does it mean that some of them are rejected?

To continue with, after running the optimization process, I can read three numbers below on the Settings tab of the Tester window, one of which i understand. However, I would like to know the meaning of the other two numbers:

1088 / 1280 (15991)

What do those numbers mean? As far as i know, the third number, that is to say, 15991 is the size of the input data set for the optimization process calculated as: (80000-50)/5 + 1 . However, I do not know what the numbers 1088 and 1280 mean and where they come from. Could please anybody explain that to me?

To end with, I would like to know why according to the Optimization Results tab of the Tester window it seems that the expert advisor is run just for a few of the data inputs when the size of the input data set is big, to be precise, 115 data inpunts. However, I think the Optmization Results tab should include 15991 results since that is the size of the whole input data set according to the inputs tab that I have set

I look forward to seeing your reply as soon as possible.

Thanks a lot in advance
Reason: