Strategy Tester headed toward multi-threaded?

Hi, I was wondering if there was any work being done on making the optimizing in the strategy tester multi-threaded for dual core processesors?

thanks

This is planned but not implemented

Now tester works in its own thread and optimization passes are sequential within this thread

Hi Nicholas,

I hope multi-threading for the strategy tester will be implemented in MT5. It's not very enjoyable watching my shiny new overclocked i7 quad-core (8 psuedo cores with hyper-threading enabled) processor twiddling it's thumbs barely using 1 core while MT4 strategy tester takes all day to back test robominer on one currency pair for only a 7 month period! With Intel and AMD working on 6, 8, and 12 core processors and even discussing 16 and 32 core processors, multi-threading will only get better and better.

I also hope MT5 strategy tester will be able to back test at least two currency pairs simultaneously. It would be very nice to be able to back test Robominer using both of the recommended pairs. It would also be great for testing hedging and/or correlation strategies.

Reason: