Does backtesting in MT5 guarantee positive results in live account?

Hey everyone, I've been testing a strategy coded in an expert advisor and I've had positive results. I have the EA trading only in the intersection of NY and LDN sessions and I have to manually turn it off if during any important news throughout the day. Idk if it's relevant but I'm using a 0 spread broker that provides 100% history quality in backtesting. So I'd like to ask, how trustworthy are the backtesting results? Should I expect similar results using a live account? Thanks!

Aymane Maizi:
Hey everyone, I've been testing a strategy coded in an expert advisor and I've had positive results. I have the EA trading only in the intersection of NY and LDN sessions and I have to manually turn it off if during any important news throughout the day. Idk if it's relevant but I'm using a 0 spread broker that provides 100% history quality in backtesting. So I'd like to ask, how trustworthy are the backtesting results? Should I expect similar results using a live account? Thanks!
Not at all guaranteed

1) backtest assumes perfect trading conditions with no execution delays/slippages or abnormal spread increases  that can reduce the gain potential.

2) EA performed well based on a specific market behaviour in the past.
There is no guarantee the same market behaviour will continue in the future.

Michalis Phylactou #:
Not at all guaranteed

1) backtest assumes perfect trading conditions with no execution delays/slippages or abnormal spread increases  that can reduce the gain potential.

2) EA performed well based on a specific market behaviour in the past.
There is no guarantee the same market behaviour will continue in the future.

Alright, thank you!

Reason: