Why some MT4 brokers lock EA features ?

1. Why some MT4 brokers don't allow their clients to use EA on the MT4 Terminal ?
2. How to avoid those brokers ?

3. What other main (important) MT4 features should I check before to choose a MT4 broker ?
(for example: MT4 live update)

Thanks.

1. Why some MT4 brokers don't allow their clients to use EA on the MT4 Terminal ?

3. What other main (important) MT4 features should I check before to choose a MT4 broker ?

Thanks.

1. Refer to broker support team please.
2. It is your own right to work with broker.
3. All servers of brokers are connected to LiveUpdate system.

Thanks.

1. Because a lot of EAs "scalp" and a lot of them loose. I guess brokers simply do not want troubles with clients, simply because of clients' EAs lost in real trading. It's just a guess though, as you could see the developers of course do not know, since it's up to the broker if allow or deny automated trading, so this question indeed should be addressed to an actual broker.

2. No way, if you want to check if a broker allows automated trading:
a. write to its tech support and ask
b. google or ask on popular forums (like forex-tsd.com, for instance)

3. I suggest you check:
a. if the boker is regulated (FSA [uk], NFA [us] - those are the major regulators)
b. check if a broker offers any guarantees of safety for client's funds
c. on sites of financial regulatory authorities you can check if a broker had any troubles before (ex: was fined for smth)
b. i suggest you check what people say about a broker on popular forums

Hope that helps.

All the best,
D.
Reason: