pipedream: Making MQL5 connect to a custom Trade Server

Hey Guys,

Just throwing this out there? I'm trying to test my manual strategy out and my understanding is that with Metatrader (I use 5), there are very limited options to do it; and maybe it's my lack of knowledge too.

I want to go back in time, in my chart and trade it as if it were real time with Meta Trader 5.

Seems like the only way to do it is to have an EA embedded in the process; something I don't wish to consider.

I'd like to see this happen as if I am trading real life with MT5.

One solution I have been thinking about is to have a separate process send ticks to a pipe which gets read by MT5 to draw up in the chart as they are read.

In essence, this requires a trade server where one can create an account which connects to said dummy trade servers feeding MT5 prices off the pipe.

Is there a potential solution that exists similar to this? Perhaps, a server software which allows MT5 to connect to it by creating an account which ultimately feeds ticks to MT5 as these get sent to a pipe.

Thanks

Duncan

dnc77:

Hey Guys,

Just throwing this out there? I'm trying to test my manual strategy out and my understanding is that with Metatrader (I use 5), there are very limited options to do it; and maybe it's my lack of knowledge too.

I want to go back in time, in my chart and trade it as if it were real time with Meta Trader 5.

Seems like the only way to do it is to have an EA embedded in the process; something I don't wish to consider.

I'd like to see this happen as if I am trading real life with MT5.

One solution I have been thinking about is to have a separate process send ticks to a pipe which gets read by MT5 to draw up in the chart as they are read.

In essence, this requires a trade server where one can create an account which connects to said dummy trade servers feeding MT5 prices off the pipe.

Is there a potential solution that exists similar to this? Perhaps, a server software which allows MT5 to connect to it by creating an account which ultimately feeds ticks to MT5 as these get sent to a pipe.

Thanks

Duncan

No. Such solution does not exist, as far as I am aware.

There are solutions to perform back testing though. One is the so called Strategy Tester. You can use it for automated strategies, you have coded in an EA.

For a manual backtest, where you can execute the trades by hand, you are looking for a replay system. The development of such is discussed and explained in an article series. See this link:

Dominik Egert #:
No. Such solution does not exist, as far as I am aware.

There are solutions to perform back testing though. One is the so called Strategy Tester. You can use it for automated strategies, you have coded in an EA.

For a manual backtest, where you can execute the trades by hand, you are looking for a replay system. The development of such is discussed and explained in an article series. See this link:

Thanks a lot Dominik! :)

Reason: