EA Not Taking Trades

I have an EA that takes trades from alerts on my charting platform. I apparently can't say names or the mods will nuke my post so sorry if that is vague. I am only trying to give possible relevant information. For almost 2 weeks I have been running the EA and everything has been fine. The trades it takes are buy stop and sell stop orders. Yesterday I noticed the buy stop was opened but when price hit the trigger price it didn't open the trade. I watched it happen a few times and I eventually shut down and reopened the terminal and after a few second the trades were opened but at market price and they ignored all break even triggers and trailing stops. The trades just sat there until they hit the stop. I thought maybe it was a bug and would go away but it continues trade after trade. To be clear, I don't think it is the EA and I am not looking for support for the product. If it turns out to be that I will happily contact the appropriate people for the product. To me it seems to be a terminal issue. I was wondering if this is something others have experienced? Before the mods hit me with another "do your own research" I have and I can not seem to find anything about anything similar which is why I am here.     

1. Please ask the 3rd party for support, not here.
  2. Discussions about 3rd party products and services are not allowed on the forum.
  3. You need to do more research on basic trading principles. There is something called "spread" ...

There is a Ask price and a Bid price. Charts only shows the bars/candles based on Bid prices (or Last prices if they are Exchange symbols, like Futures or Stocks).

• A "buy" position opens at the Ask price and closes at the Bid price (stop-loss, take-profit, partial close, etc.).
  • A "sell" position opens at the Bid price and closes at the Ask price (stop-loss, take-profit, partial close, etc.).
Enable the Ask price line on your chart so that you can track the current value visually. 

Also, orders are only filled according to the fill policy and available liquidity. Very high volatility can also affect how, and if, they are filled.

EDIT: I have redacted some of text above, because it is only relevant for MT5, and not MT4.

Fernando Carreiro #:
  1. Please ask the 3rd party for support, not here.
  2. Discussions about 3rd party products and services are not allowed on the forum.
  3. You need to do more research on basic trading principles. There is something called "spread" ...

There is a Ask price and a Bid price. Charts only shows the bars/candles based on Bid prices.

• A "buy" position opens at the Ask price and closes at the Bid price (stop-loss, take-profit, partial close, etc.).
  • A "sell" position opens at the Bid price and closes at the Ask price (stop-loss, take-profit, partial close, etc.).
Enable the Ask price line on your chart so that you can track the current value visually. 

Also, orders are only filled according the the fill policy and available liquidity. Volatility can also affect how, and if, they are filled.
  1. I already said I was not asking for 3rd party support! 
  2. I am not discussing 3rd party products! I literally said that! Did you even read the post? 
  3. I fully understand basic trading principles! I have been trading for over 10 years! I said the EA was working fine for almost 2 weeks. Then it wasn't! Nothing has changed! SAME SPREADS! SAME TIMES OF DAY! SAME PAIRS! SAME BUY AND SELL ORDERS! SAME STOP LOSS! SAME TAKE PROFITS! ECT. It just stopped working! Until I close MT4! Not a third party product! MT4! Hence why I asked here!

ryandan3891 #:
  1. I already said I was not asking for 3rd party support! 
  2. I am not discussing 3rd party products! I literally said that! Did you even read the post? 
  3. I fully understand basic trading principles! I have been trading for over 10 years! I said the EA was working fine for almost 2 weeks. Then it wasn't! Nothing has changed! SAME SPREADS! SAME TIMES OF DAY! SAME PAIRS! SAME BUY AND SELL ORDERS! SAME STOP LOSS! SAME TAKE PROFITS! ECT. It just stopped working! Until I close MT4! Not a third party product! MT4! Hence why I asked here!
1) & 2)
Yes, I know very well what you wrote (I did read it carefully, including your previous post that was removed), but I am also aware of several other posts in the past by other users having similar problems with THE "connector", and they were all due the that product/service causing similar issues, and they were not being caused by the MetaTrader platform. Hence, why I am insisting that you discuss it with that particular 3rd party.
3)
Since your details are vague, and you did not provide trade details, nor screenshots, nor log output from the Experts and Journal logs, I could only conclude that there was a lack of basic trading knowledge and minimal understanding about the MetaTrader platform.

Was that presumptuous of me?

Yes, maybe, but given the huge number of posts by other users describing very similar situations (not related to THE "connector"), about orders not being triggered, take-profits being ignored, etc., I took an educated guess about your knowledge and skill level, and I gave a most probable answer for the vague details given.

Also, if you are willing to provide trade details, screenshots, log output from the Experts and Journal logs, for the issues you mentioned, I am sure we can analyse them for you and offer some advice on what may be the cause.

Just make sure to please obfuscate the EA/Product/service name in the logs.

EDIT: And for the chart screenshots, show only those pertaining to MetaTrader. The charts and quote price data from the other "platform" will most definitely be different and irrelevant to the issue.

Reason: