Depth of Market with Volume on MT5

Hi there,

I use the last verison of MT5, but and when I try to use this feature the volume indicator nothing show anything when using on currency pairs.

Why doing it do that? Am I wrong any kind of settings on meta trader?

Regards,

P.

Files:

HPTrading FX: I use the last verison of MT5, but and when I try to use this feature the volume indicator nothing show anything when using on currency pairs. Why doing it do that? Am I wrong any kind of settings on meta trader?

Non-centralised markets do not usually provide real volume information (e.g. Forex, CFD, etc.)

Only centralised markets (e.g. Futures) supply real volume information.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Non-centralised markets do not usually provide real volume information (e.g. Forex, CFD, etc.)

Only centralised markets (e.g. Futures) supply real volume information.

Hi,

Thank you for your answer.

So is there no other platform that can do this? ( exp. cTrader etc. )

HPTrading FX #: Thank you for your answer. So is there no other platform that can do this? ( exp. cTrader etc. )

It is not a question of "platform". It is a question of the type of exchange and/or the broker that offers real volume for the symbol in question.

For example, for Forex, only a central bank could offer real volume for its own liquidity but not for the whole world.

For example, for CFDs, only if the broker is a dealing desk and trading against its own customers.

Take some time to research the different types of symbols and the exchange types behind them.

Fernando Carreiro #:

It is not a question of "platform". It is a question of the type of exchange and/or the broker that offers real volume for the symbol in question.

For example, for Forex, only a central bank could offer real volume for its own liquidity but not for the whole world.

For example, for CFDs, only if the broker is a dealing desk and trading against its own customers.

Take some time to research the different types of symbols and the exchange types behind them.

Great and it's clear. Thank you all of your answers. :)

Reason: