Question about indicators bought from market

Hi, I'm kinda newbie when it comes to the market, so I have a doubt.

I'm assuming that if a buy from market im buying the .ex4 file,  right? or the file you get it's a mq4?

I trade using multiple mt4 platforms (to have several charts open without the need of constantly changing profiles since it's kinda faster for me and also seems to avoid one platform getting lag/slow when scrolling).

so 

If i buy the indicator will it be linked to just one of the platforms? or will i be able to use it in all of them? if it's linked to just one of the platform and I change pc so need to install the platform again, will I lose the indicator unless the seller give me access again?

Maybe it's a silly question but I will be glad if someone could clarify that to me.

thanks. 

The Market products are per computer by activations (per hardware and per software).

Tips for Purchasing a Product on the Market. Step-By-Step Guide - the article

-------------------------------------------------

MetaTrader 5 HelpMarket App StoreHow to Purchase an App - the instruction incl about activations etc
Tips for Purchasing a Product on the Market. Step-By-Step Guide
Tips for Purchasing a Product on the Market. Step-By-Step Guide
  • www.mql5.com
This step-by-step guide provides tips and tricks for better understanding and searching for a required product. The article makes an attempt to puzzle out different methods of searching for an appropriate product, sorting out unwanted products, determining product efficiency and essentiality for you.

Sergey Golubev #:

Tips for Purchasing a Product on the Market. Step-By-Step Guide - the article

-------------------------------------------------

MetaTrader 5 HelpMarket App StoreHow to Purchase an App - the instruction incl about activations etc

Thanks a lot for the answer Sergey.

I think I understand, so it's like this:

if there are 5 activations:

I can download anytimes and for as many copy of the mt4 platforms I want as long as it's in the same pc (hardware), however, if I change pc, I will need to use one of those 5 limit activations again.

if i format/reset my pc it will still be considered to be the same hardware so it wont need an activation to be able to download the product again, is that right?

LuE #:

Thanks a lot for the answer Sergey.

I think I understand, so it's like this:

if there are 5 activations:

I can download anytimes and for as many copy of the mt4 platforms I want as long as it's in the same pc (hardware), however, if I change pc, I will need to use one of those 5 limit activations again.

if i format/reset my pc it will still be considered to be the same hardware so it wont need an activation to be able to download the product again, is that right?

It may be 5 or more activations (depends on the seller).

Your products (which you bought or which you downloaded/installed for free; yes there are free products as well) are located in your profile:
https://www.mql5.com/en/users/louch_l/market

You can download (and/or you can buy) them directly from Metatrader in case you filled Community tab of Metatrader with your forum login and forum password. Your forum login is louch_l because the link to your profile is https://www.mql5.com/en/users/louch_l

The activation/copy is per computer (hardware + software) and per your profile/username (and that it why you need to fill Community tab of Metatrader with your username (forum login).

Yes, it may be as many Metatrader instances as you want (on one PC). But please not that activation may be lost for the following reasons:

• you upgrade your hardware on your PC;
  • your Windows will be updated (critical/big updates);
  • you use different authorization methods in Windows - as regular user and as administrator.
You can check your activations on your profile here https://www.mql5.com/en/users/louch_l/market
for commercial products (which you bought) and for free products (which you installed).

LuE #:

Activation is per hardware + software OS.
If you changed something in your PC (if you add some memory, if you changed video card, and so on) -so yes: one activation will be lost.

There are a lot of threads about it with explanation, complaining and so on - you can try them by using search.

Thanks for all the info and related articles, they helped a lot.
Reason: