How to prevent opposite deal after stoploss in strategy tester? - page 2

Fernando Carreiro #:

Yes, there is. In your trade "History" tab, enable the "Orders & Deal" view (instead of "Positions" view) and you will see.

When you place a "buy" order and a "buy" position is opened, there is a "buy/in" deal for it. And when it hits one of the stops, then there is another "sell" order and a "sell/out" deal for that too.

The opening deal is called the "in" deal, and the closing deal is called the "out" deal.

Thank you

I understand that

But, in strategy tester there is no option to enable "Position"

Avi #:Thank you. I understand that. But, in strategy tester there is no option to enable "Position"

Correct, in the Strategy Tester there is no "Positions" reporting.

Users have requested that feature many times, but MetaQuotes has not provided it.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Will there ever be "Positions" in MT5 Backtest Report?

Fernando Carreiro, 2022.09.22 10:54

Eric Emmrich: maybe someone knows whether there will ever be the possibility of showing "Positions" in the backtest report? In MT4, they were clearly listed using their Open price + time, Close price + time and their total profit/loss. In MT5, only "Orders" and "Deals" are shown with no real connection to each other. They will just receive an incrementing Order or Deal number. As Positions are already listed properly when exporting an account history report, I wonder why they don't show up in a backtest report as well.

Yes, unfortunately, the MT5 Strategy Tester has never shown "positions", not even in on the screen report, allowing only "Orders", "Deals" or "Orders and Deals".

For the most part, I have lived with it, but when I really need it, I have a coded my EAs to record and output a "Positions" report, to a file. This obviously only works if you have the EA source code.

For those EA's you don't have the source, I suppose you could write a script to process a Report, reading the "Orders" and "Deals" information and reconstructing the "Positions".

I have no ideia why MetaQuotes allows one to see "Positions" on a live account history, but not in the Strategy Tester.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Correct, in the Strategy Tester there is no "Positions" reporting.

Users have requested that feature many times, but MetaQuotes has not provided it.

Thank you

Reason: