Transfer old versions of purchased EAs between platforms - page 2

Fernando Carreiro #:

Ok, then in that case I believe it will not even request for you to reinstall nor activate.

Try it and see what it reports in the log when you attach the EA to the chart.

Need to be sure. As I said before, last time I did this it locked my EA and all old EAs too.

I don't have any more old EAs on other platforms. These are the last set I have.

Can I get a firm answer from service desk?

Thomas Gardling #: Need to be sure. As I said before, last time I did this it locked my EA and all old EAs too. I don't have any more old EAs on other platforms. These are the last set I have. Can I get a firm answer from service desk?

The official response will be that you are not allowed to use the older versions. If it were officially supported, then it would have been possible via some normal built in mechanism.

The fact that it does not have a mechanism, means that it is not officially supported and you have to do things at your own risk, but feel free to contact the Service Desk and ask them.

Fernando Carreiro #:

The official response will be that you are not allowed to use the older versions. If it were officially supported, then it would have been possible via some normal built in mechanism.

The fact that it does not have a mechanism, means that it is not officially supported and you have to do things at your own risk, but feel free to contact the Service Desk and ask them.

Ok, thanks for the honest answer. 

I will try and get a firm answer from service desk, even though they only answer deposit and withdrawal questions. 

Thomas Gardling #: Ok, thanks for the honest answer. I will try and get a firm answer from service desk, even though they only answer deposit and withdrawal questions. 
Alternatively, contact the author and see if they are willing to provide you the product and older builds in a more appropriate manner for your requirements.

Fernando Carreiro #:
Alternatively, contact the author and see if they are willing to provide you the product and older builds in a more appropriate manner for your requirements.
Thought about that too, but unfortunately the author is gone with the wind. He's not been here since May or something.
Reason: