Server down ?

seems to be off for nearly an hour now ... the demo server "demo.metaquotes.net"
I did "scan servers" in the bottom right as well as through "open new account" .... scan for fastest server ... but it seems that the servers are off the net or off the feed.

can i manually enter the connection to the demo server at metaquotes ?

if yes ... where ?

it is off since 10.54 CET (central european time) ... 2 hours !!

Sorry, our server is under maintenance now.

For how long?

If had live account / presumably different server too, would/does this outage occur? (I suspect not as live is vip for live traders...lol, what others think/say?)

I understand that is demo account... but I bet many are live trading using MT and their own broker - YES?

Would be interesting to have comments on this area. I would like to trade live and use spread bet broker. Of course, I need live data feed and until now have been relying on MT. I guess this is not really a good idea is it...!

This leads me to the old chesnut of how to pick live FX feed (and of course software to display) without breaking the monthly bank balance!

Again, comments would be of help here too...

Cheers

Sorry, our server is under maintenance now.

any ideas for how long ... what about positions (T/P, S/L) deployed to the server ?

For how long?

Fixed.

I understand that is demo account... but I bet many are live trading using MT and their own broker - YES?

Please do not bet, just ask your broker support team.

yes working .... but it seems that the server was completely of the net ... T/P and S/L were still in

thx for the update
Reason: