Expert Advisor Security and Protection ?

Hi,

It would be great if MT4 expert advisers had a password feature to protect our expert advisors. This would allow our company to employ traders to execute our expert advsors but not let them copy or read our source MQL4 codes. MetaQuotes used to have this feature for DealSmart product (product released after MetaQuotes 2.0 product).

Also, if I encrypt MQL4 source code will it still run on MT4.

Any suggestions.

THanks in advance.

Regards

RJF

Suggestion is to use some protection dll which You can distribute without sources

Suggestion is to use some protection dll which You can distribute without sources

Hi Slawa,

Regarding your answer above, are you recommending to place the entire MQL4 code into a external DLL, or instead are you recommending to create a DLL with just some of MT4's functions that are used within my expert advisor (like Bars(), Highest(), OrderSend(), Sleep(), RSI(), iMA(), etc.) ?

Could you please give me a little more explanation and details about what you are saying and recommending in relation to creating a "protection DLL" ?

Thanks Slawa.

Kind regards

RJF

Mql functions (Highest, iMA etc) are not accessible from dll
You need to pass calculated parameters, may be arrays, and your functions calculates signal. Your dll can be kernel of your system, your blackbox

Try this article of mine:
http://www.metatrader.info/node/132

nice work, codersguru!

nice work, codersguru!

i dont think placing security measures within an expert itself is going to help in any way, as all someone has to do is open up the expert in Notepad and remove these lines that require a password, and then the expert will not have to ask for password anymore.

It would be good if somehow you could place the password line of code in the expert advisor itself but have the text in white so you can see it either in MetaEditor or Notepad, etc.

even placing things in a DLL can be got around by simply removing the line of code that calls the external library DLL.

i would have thought slawa would know i better solution here !!

regards

RJF
Reason: